SuperMoto Junkie banner

21 - 40 of 8990 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Darned security!

Tarnation! Photobucket is blocked from this computer.
What is it? A go-kart track? gimme a hint. Is it even motorcycle related?

In the dark,
:headscrat

·
Registered
436 Posts
You painting the DRZ? Which color you start with? The black one or yellow one?

i have yellow plastics on now but i have another set of plastics that i have already painted once. i was waiting on a guy to make me a carbon fiber rear fender to go with the current color i painted it but im tired of waiting, so im gonna repaint it. i think im gonna go with a simple flat black and i wanna powdercoat or anodize the wheels but im not sure what color. my wife wants me to airbrush a pin-up girl on the shrouds like the bombers in WW2, im not sure i wanna put that much time in it.

here is the current color on the parts waiting to be installed

-shaun h

·
Registered
436 Posts
pazzoduc,

i pass by that place alot, i have been doing a bunch of work out in mckinney and see that lot often. i didnt realize it was that big though, looks like it is the perfect place to be a hooligan.

-shaun h

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Pazz sign me up!!! By the end of this month my 570 would be street legal and terrorizing the streets of Dallas, Well not really.. i just got a ticket riding a 1098R going 86 on 65.... construction zone... Outch!!!!!! Ellis County South of Lancaster!

·
Registered
436 Posts
any of you guys know any good,reasonablely priced powder coaters in the area. how about any body that can lace and true wheels......i refuse to go to the local stealership.

-shaun h

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Powder coatin'

I had an elaborate post all written out and the something hiccupped. Damn technology. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Anyway, Google "Top Koat", "Custom Powder Coating" and "Crossfire" I think it is. :headscrat

All do MC related powder coating for me or someone I know. And I THINK Crossfire has a location out in our neighborhood. Hope this helps.

K

·
Registered
436 Posts
thanks bro, i got a quote of 125 for both wheels. seems decent to me, now i just gotta pick a color and find someone to lace and true my wheels.

-shaun h

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
thanks bro, i got a quote of 125 for both wheels. seems decent to me, now i just gotta pick a color and find someone to lace and true my wheels.

-shaun h
Who did you get the quote from? That's just the hoops and not the hubs too, right? Prolly not.
Make sure they use those nylon plugs to plug any threaded holes.
P-Coat is a pain to get out of a threaded hole.

Long story short, but I bought a set (5) of the cheapest chrome wheels I could find. Brand NEW and CLEAN, and had Top Koat powder them with a transparent candy blue. They looked frigging GREAT. THEY are prolly what sold that cruddy lil truck. So remember, Candy transparent over new chrome or polished aluminum looks goods.
May not be tough enough for they gravel roads, etc. IMHO.

:D

·
Registered
436 Posts
i called top koat, price was for just the hoops.

as far as color goes, i know i want something different but other than that im clueless. i need to see a color chart first

shaun h

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
What color is the bike going to be overall? Flat black you said, right?
I see a pearl white tank and a carbon fender in the photo above.

In another recent thread about painting wheels black, I posted a picture of my rear wheel. It's a pretty heavy duty Behr wheel anodized in black, but you can see all the chips/dings in it from where I got into a deep pile of that big white gravel they use along rail road tracks sometimes. I think powder coat is a little tougher.

:rolleyes: If money were no object, personally I would get some plain aluminum hoops, polish the stuffins out of them and then have them powdered with a clear coat. You can get a UV protected or a chemical resistant clear, probably others by now. I'm not one for bling, and on this Orange KTM, I'd really only go with black or polished. Blah, Blah, Blah. :D

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Oh, And tell Joe, the owner that Kyle Harris sent you.
And your are coming all the way from Forney, etc.
I'm sure he won't cut you a deal, but it'll make me look good. :D

Also, you CAN ship them the hoops. They do alot of that.
But you really need to visit the shop and see all his samples and color chips, etc.
He'll probably have some frames and stuff in process or waiting for customer pickup.
He is the smallest of the PC shops that I know, so you can look around and nobody will chase you out, probably.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I Am In

Hey guys, look at what I found!

I was just passing buy this property. There is a for sale sign in front by the freeway and weeds are starting to grow in the parking lots...

Who wants in !! ??
Ooh, Now I can see the photo.
What do mean by "IN"? At first I thought you meant you wanted to buy the place. Now I think you just want to gather a bunch of SuMos and STORM THE PLACE. In which case, I'M IN! :D

It actually reminds me very much of a place we used to call "Scientific", way back in the day. It was a very similar layout.
The square with big sweeping corners. I got my knee down for the first time there. Then about 20 minutes later I low-sided into a curb and cracked a few ribs, (I was fully leathered) and turned the rear wheel of the FZR 600 into a U-shape. A jogger drove me home. Ah, memories. ;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
the pic of the tank is the color i had all my plastics painted. i got tired of waitng on a new rear i fender so im just gonna repaint everything flat black. since everything will be black i want some color on the wheels. i thought about going silver but i want something different, you know what i mean.

i went to a powdercoater in rowlett today to check out colors......lets just say im even more clueless. so many colors to choose from, it made me dizzy.

-shaun h

·
Registered
436 Posts
well looks like im gonna lace my own wheels. the cheapest i found today was 270 for both wheels, the most was 350. wish me luck

-shaun h

·
The Mod Squad
2,613 Posts
Ooh, Now I can see the photo. I think you just want to gather a bunch of SuMos and STORM THE PLACE. In which case, I'M IN! :D
I deleted the cracked ribs part... :rolleyes:

And YES, that is what I meant. I was hoping to get out there this weekend. But now I have to drive to Houston. :rant:

To pick up my new KLX110 ! :bowdown::bike:

Yahoo! Even if we don't get a parking lot hooliganism session together, I'll see you guys at TMGP! We'll you'll see me for a second or two. Till I drop to the back of the pack and tru to keep you from lappin me!

·
Registered
50 Posts
i am the fort hood area, about 2-2 1/5 hours away, around here i have only seen one other sm, he doesn't ride. and you are correct, military base is all crotch rockets and then the elders harley riders

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Good riding?

i am the fort hood area, about 2-2 1/5 hours away, around here i have only seen one other sm, he doesn't ride. and you are correct, military base is all crotch rockets and then the elders harley riders
Is there some good riding down there? On / off base?
That is kind of in the hill country right? Get some of those crotch rockets in some really tight stuff and you can probably hang with them.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I found out today I might be there sooner than expected. Might be about a month. We`ll see what happens. Military medical system is insane. I cant wait to get back.

·
Registered
436 Posts
as soon as i get the bike back together i need to go ride with you guys.

the wheels are at the powder coaters and im done painting the bike, so now i just need to get all put back together

-shaun h

·
The Mod Squad
2,613 Posts
Who was riding at the West end of Exhange last Thursday?

Saw ya hop the curb and head off where they are grading the road.

BLUE DRZ I think.

Had the kiddo's in the car or I would have gone back to the garage and chased ya down!

21 - 40 of 8990 Posts