SuperMoto Junkie banner

41 - 60 of 8990 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
:headshake
Aw man, I wish I could go. I might have brought the YSR to Irving with me.
Maybe next time.

·
The Mod Squad
2,613 Posts
I ended up taking the KTM out there. :)

The full parking lot is available and it makes for some good fun. The place has been abandoned for YEARS and some of the pavement has sinkholes and is pretty torn up in some places.

The downside is the surface condition. The top layer is decomposed enough that the top gravel is barely held in place. It's like riding on marbles to some extent. When I kicked at it with my feet, the top surface broke loose and there was good traction underneath. But to be worth while, the whole lot would need a good powersweeper.:headshake

Still fun to mess around though.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Rockers VS Mods!

Junkies!

REMEMBER! Rockers vs Mods Rally is this weekend. March 21-23, 2008. Yes, Easter weekend. :infrandom

See my post in "Local Ride Alerts" :D

visit the website www.rockersvsmods.com and get the schedule.

I better see some of you mothers out there. :infrandom

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
i wishi could make it but i have to go to an Easter (eater :D) Dinner party.. Damn.. Plus my KTM is not register yet for the road, my YZ436F is but is Japan :( :D

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
mud track

Pazzo,

All the rain has turned the track and fields around it into something of a swamp. The short grass on the track itself is greening up nicely. :rolleyes: That is, where it isn't under water. My neighbor says we got 4.5" of rain last weekend. All the ponds are running over.
It looks like it'll be months before work can begin on the track again. :headshake :headshake

·
Registered
436 Posts
thread revival.....

i havent rode that much since i got the bike done but i did find a few trails by my house and depending on the size of your balls, one could probably grab some decent air time. there are a couple of spots that look promising. plus there is a good size parking lot that backs up to these "trails" and it has two sets of stairs and some other goodies.

im thinking about riding out to the shooting range this weekend on the drz if the weather is decent. if anyone else would like to go shoot maybe we can have a mini meet.....

-shaun h

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
mini-meet

Shaun,

What range is this? In or near Rockwall?
Not that I can go any time soon. I got layed-off recently, and I'm working weekends as a "watchman" 12-hour shifts. Ugh.

·
Registered
436 Posts
the one i usually go to is gibson's off of lawson road in mesquite.( across the street from devil's bowl speedway). im thinking about riding out to elmfork in dallas i want to try out there reactionary targets on the pistol range.

what do/did you do before you got layed off?

-shaun h

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Graphic design, art direction, production art. All types of print advertising essentially.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sumo

I live near the Texas Motor Speedway. I just SUMO'd my '03 625 SXC. wheels, tires, piped, jetted, geared, a duke tank and a flat slide pumper carb. I have the names and numbers of three or four other local SUMO riders here locally. It would be cool to start a riders group. Let me know. :arsenalJeff:arsenal

·
Registered
42 Posts
names Scott 214-549-8754 but right now the motard is still down. f'ing dealer has not got my parts in. but I still got the r6 if we stay street

41 - 60 of 8990 Posts