1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Wonder how they got the camera to do that. I guess they did it with the editing. It stays perfectly level with the ground.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wow. That's fast. I want to see the camera setup though. That was neat. It reminded me of a video game.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
It HAD to be done in the editing process. It's the only way my mind can fathom the way it stays level. And the way you can see the debris on the camera lens move with the bike.

·
Registered
454 Posts
It's a gyroscopic cam.

It takes a brave soul to run that track on a bike regardless of how fast....

Awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Awesome! :thumbup::clap::arsenal

·
Registered
976 Posts
That is some amazing riding, and I do like the camera, but I think there are better uses for it. I'd rather see that lap with a standard mount. I think you lose some of the sheer outlandishness of how fast hose turns are, and how far the bike is leaned with the Gyrocam setup.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The other forum I saw this on, guys were calling it a gimbal(sp?) mount that allows the camera to stay level. BTW, whats the trick to embedding vids??

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
The other forum I saw this on, guys were calling it a gimbal(sp?) mount that allows the camera to stay level. BTW, whats the trick to embedding vids??
[---video=youtube;video code]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=video code&feature=player_embedded[/video---]
^just remove the --- in the video brackets

the video code is a series of numbers and letters. for example: rCOt78MB5vM

it will be between the = and & signs

·
Registered
976 Posts
7:20 on is some amazing stuff.

guy looks like he really knows the track. i'm not sure how he went through the whole track, especially the straight, without being in full tuck.

this was posted a few days ago on another forum. faster time of 7:26. def not on a 1000

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/21/motorcyclist-runs-from-bridge-to-gantry-in-7-26-blast-around-the/
I was gonna ask why it was definitely not a 1000,then I watched the vid.:D
What kind of bikes top out at 245kph?(153mph) 600s?
Also, can you really call it a faster time? did they run the same length of track? The first vid started/stopped in the same place, but the second on didn't, right??:headscrat

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I was gonna ask why it was definitely not a 1000,then I watched the vid.:D
What kind of bikes top out at 245kph?(153mph) 600s?
Also, can you really call it a faster time? did they run the same length of track? The first vid started/stopped in the same place, but the second on didn't, right??:headscrat
i saw ~270kph when he got to all the way back around to the long straight. that leads me to believe it's either a fast 600 or a plain 750

i'm not sure how they count lap times, but they definitely both did the same track layout. i'm not sure there is an alternative track layout :headscrat

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's the same track, but you don't always get to run the full track. The 'Ring is a public toll road, so anyone can show up and pay a couple euros for a lap. During those sort of sessions laps are timed from the bridge on the main straight to the gantry that is a mile or two behind it on that same straight. This is because the entrance onto the track and the exit into the infield area is on that main straight between the bridge and the gantry during regular sessions. So you don't get to go at full pace for the entire main straight, thus the denotation of a time being BTG, or bridge to gantry. This obviously alters the lap time and also indicates that the lap probably had to contend with traffic. When companies rent the track out for testing, they can use the whole track which means they run the full straight at full speed and they don't have traffic to worry about.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
It's the same track, but you don't always get to run the full track. The 'Ring is a public toll road, so anyone can show up and pay a couple euros for a lap. During those sort of sessions laps are timed from the bridge on the main straight to the gantry that is a mile or two behind it on that same straight. This is because the entrance onto the track and the exit into the infield area is on that main straight between the bridge and the gantry during regular sessions. So you don't get to go at full pace for the entire main straight, thus the denotation of a time being BTG, or bridge to gantry. This obviously alters the lap time and also indicates that the lap probably had to contend with traffic. When companies rent the track out for testing, they can use the whole track which means they run the full straight at full speed and they don't have traffic to worry about.
that explains the bridge to gantry.

in that case, i believe both of the videos are BTG laps.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
[--video--]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCOt78MB5vM[--/video--]

It's alot easier than that, just use the video tag the same way as an image [--img--]LINK[--/img--] tag with the video link in the middle no spaces or -'s. It will fill it in for you. Wish there was another way to get it to post with adding -- or something else to confuse it. I know you can in irc by holding ctrl as you hit enter. if someone knows that shortcut for forums chime in please, lol.

SICK VIDEO!!! I know it's an awesome rider but I have green blood, GO KAWI !!!

Oh and just stick your go-pro in that new GYRO BOWL for kids and you too can have fancy video, *as seen on tv.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
[--video--]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCOt78MB5vM[--/video--]

It's alot easier than that, just use the video tag the same way as an image [--img--]LINK[--/img--] tag with the video link in the middle no spaces or -'s. It will fill it in for you. Wish there was another way to get it to post with adding -- or something else to confuse it. I know you can in irc by holding ctrl as you hit enter. if someone knows that shortcut for forums chime in please, lol.

SICK VIDEO!!! I know it's an awesome rider but I have green blood, GO KAWI !!!

Oh and just stick your go-pro in that new GYRO BOWL for kids and you too can have fancy video, *as seen on tv.
i had to pull an APtard and google that...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts