SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just install my zeta hand gaurds, they have the signals in them, but I can not get them to blink?? I did see some of you have them, could you tell me what resistor or blinker you have ato wire in??? Oh and buy the way also hook up my cyclose head light tonight, it is wired so both lights come on for hi beam!! look aces:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
You hooked them up to the wires your oem blinkers connected to in the main wiring harness, right? I'm assuming they are led units, so they will probably flash too fast. If they do, you'll need resistors or a relay. If they don't blink at all, did you try reversing the wires? If they still don't blink, it may be because they need the resistor or relay. Did you get them from Forrest? If so, call him. I'm sure he's seen the issue before.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
You're welcome. I'm wondering if they aren't flashing so fast they give the illusion of not flashing at all. Let us know what you figure out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys, well I installed a resistor and poof! they flash now. the size of resistor I used 20w 5 ohm . RX27 ceramic these came with the led tail light that I bought. The tail light did not need them.
cheers

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I used the same type of ceramic resistors on the Clear Alternatives integrated tail light I installed on my Honda 599. They work like a charm. Some people fret over them because they produce heat, but the way I figured it, they only would produce any heat at all is when the flashers are in use, which is rarely.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also used the clear alternatives tail light with intergrated blinklers...., fits right up under the rear fender, very slick and no need for signals sticking out the sides of your bike. the model used was for a R6 I'll post picks when bike is all finished. Still waiting on my yellow rad rims and hubs!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the Zetas in the guards and the Zetas out back, I actually like that they blink pretty fast. I figure it gets peoples attention better and it takes away from those cop attracting brisk lane changes that only have one flash or two. In other words I feel it makes you look like you are going slower when the blinker is going at a quicker rate. I may be over sensitive to flash count as I used to drive big rigs a lot. :lol:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I also used the clear alternatives tail light with intergrated blinklers...., fits right up under the rear fender, very slick and no need for signals sticking out the sides of your bike. the model used was for a R6 I'll post picks when bike is all finished. Still waiting on my yellow rad rims and hubs!!!!
Sounds worthwhile if it's sano. I always wished for an integrated tail light for the DRZ like the sportbikes have. :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts