SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok fellas I've been round and round with this. I have a 2000 YZ426 that I would like to light up. Have tag,headlight,taillight,blinkers,battery,& reg/rectifier. Just cant seem to find a stator that works. I have talked to Rickey Stator and dont have the $180 for a new one right now. Dose anyone know what a moose stator should ohm out @ pickup coil,source1,source2? The one I have dose not ohm the same as the stock stator & no spark!!!! Put the stock stator back in fires right off and runs like a batt out of hell. Put the lighting stator back in and nothing.Arrrrggggg!!!!!!! Any Input?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Moose stators are junk and burn out basically instantly I would just wait and buy the one you spoke of. On my 09 yz450f I just run a small batter to power everything and don't ride it at night I just flip on the headlight when I am in town.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
It's been a long time, but I think I remember hearing the same thing about the 426 and Moose stators... just no worky for long. Search Thumpertalk, maybe?

I would get the WR stator if you can find it (maybe Ebay?). I know you said cost is an issue, but I have a YZ426 and a WR426 and they're absolutely bomb-proof. Well worth a little investment in the factory OEM part, in my humble opinion.

It may be expensive, but I've never had a problem on my WR with the factory piece, and it's gotta bolt up to the YZ.

Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. I have considered the WR stator. I will have to get a WR flywheel also from what I have been told. Time to Rat Hole some cash!!!!! As always great info here @ SMJ!!!!! Keep Reakin Havoc Fellas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok can anyone tell me what year WR426 stator will fit my 2000 YZ426. I'm goin to the local Yamaha Parts Counter to see how much I'm in for. Thanks

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ok can anyone tell me what year WR426 stator will fit my 2000 YZ426. I'm goin to the local Yamaha Parts Counter to see how much I'm in for. Thanks
if you have a 2000 426 then you prolly have the keyed crank. make sure the crank isnt splined. go to parts at a good dealer and talk to a knowledgeable parts guy about it. he should be able to direct you to a proper part. then hit ebay and get that shit on the cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts