SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I just put the hot cams in with the recommended timing marks and piston on TDC. I thought I was reading something about advancing one tooth for Yz Timing wanted to do a quick search before I buttoned it all up . Anyone know if it is for stock cams or recommended yz timing for aftermarket cams?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Is this for a WR?
I'd like to know the same thing. How does it affect reliability?

·
Registered
564 Posts
yes... 3 year old thread.. i know.. i need this answer too. for some reason the bike rips still but now it wont lift wheelies unless in 1st. wtf is this noise about? how many cam chain pins between teeth?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Go to hotcams website. They have a good video that shows you exactly how to do it. All the yami dohc engines should be almost the exact same process. You may have to rejet after cams. Keep that in mind.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
[video]<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vLjM_Ejucr0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

·
Registered
564 Posts
i meant i already have the hot cams and it is timed according to how they told me. but i need to know the difference on if i can still YZ time a auto decomp cam even though its supposedly runs hot cam timing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts