SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last fall my bike started to make that tick sound that yz's make and no one can figure out... anyway i spun a crank bearing.. so i bought a stroker crank off ebay for 318 with bearings from us motoman.. came 3 days later and i put it together over the course of the last two nights.. i took it for a short ride today and it really did make a pretty huge difference.. i havent even thought about tuning it yet and its got way more torque than stock.. from the bottom it just pics the front wheel up in 3rd and i have pretty a pretty high gear 16 46 sprockets... anyway ill put up some video if anyones interested.. its crazy how fast it revs up now.. i thought a stroker would have slowed it down.. maybe the cams helped im not sure...

hardest part was the new cam chain was SOOOOO F ing tight and hard to get around the gears. i thought i was going to break something.. maybe it wasnt even the right size.. either way i pryed the cams down into their spots and the chain was waaaaaay tight.. but it runs.. and damn good... turns out this hillbilly can put a motor together and not have it explode the first day at least haha

anyway hers some pics..

finished product

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
First I saw of this thread. Looks like fun. I still have not split a case on a bike yet. Always leary of having extra parts when I am done. I hope your cam chain is correct. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shes still thumpin after some hard riding! waitin for some free time to shoot a lil video.. i split the case last fall and had the parts in boxes... found a shop manual on this forum that i downloaded and had no problem putting it together. this was my first crank install EVER and it came out great so far!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
put a new clutch in today, a tusk w steel plates from ebay w heavy duty springs.. seems to work just fine and clutch pull is still really easy! vids soon!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bikes no for sale, 3500 bucks if it goes in the next few days, trying to buy a track bike asap! 517 294 8445 lansing michigan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts