SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...then you have short riders. which is what i think most of us fall under. post up your pics of all the short riders actually riding or tiptoeing their trusty steed.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Most of us are short? News to me... ;)

I never understood so many people wanting to lower their supermoto bikes. I always figured that if 13 year-olds can race mx on 250's, any grownup should be able to ride anything on the street. I mean you ride with your feet on the pegs after all, and it's very easy to scoot to one side a little at a stop. Now if your feet don't reach the pegs, that's a whole different problem! :lol:

Not trying to insult anyone, just trying to understand other people's perspectives... :thumup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have seen some threads about being a shorter rider, and there was a good amount of us replying to it. but not too many pictures in the posts. so what i guess i was trying to say was there is a good bit of us on the shorter side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i agree im 5'5 and have always been short for my bikes especially when i was racing mx and had 12inch starting blocks for my 250f.

·
Registered
728 Posts
i'm about 5 foot 6 inches, maybe 7 inches with my boots on. i can either touch the tips on both feet or if i shift a little to one side i can touch one flat pretty easily. and the 690 smc's are tall.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am 5'5. Occasionaly it has been a problem... I had to tip toe my 12 at lights but it did not hamper actually riding. My yz465 requires me to roll it to a spot were I can put my right foot pretty high so I can put enough force in my kick when it is cold... some say it looks like the bike is really leaned over when I stop too but I feel pretty upright. After a work out it can be hard to hold a bike up because I can't just balance it upright ever; so being weeker (from working out) a slightly late foot drop will require all the will power in the world to keep heavier bikes like my 12 from going down.

I think taller guys in general have it worse. Just because with height (most times) comes more weight. Thus they don't have quite the power to weight ratio of the whole package that we do. i.e. me = 5,5 140 (most of the time, sometimes 150... pizza and steak is good) Plus we get to use the tank of street bikes to hold us up on long trips lol.

·
Registered
77 Posts

I never understood so many people wanting to lower their supermoto bikes. I always figured that if 13 year-olds can race mx on 250's, any grownup should be able to ride anything on the street. I mean you ride with your feet on the pegs after all, and it's very easy to scoot to one side a little at a stop. Now if your feet don't reach the pegs, that's a whole different problem! :lol:

Not trying to insult anyone, just trying to understand other people's perspectives... :thumup:
My Dad has a problem riding mine. The seat is too high, and previous back injuries+ surgeries makes it painful for him to swing his leg up that high. Once he gets on it, he is OK. He still doesn't trust the stand on footpeg to saddle up method yet. His left knee is trick too, which is OK, as you always have your right foot down at a redlight. When he sees me ride, he just tells me not to get old. :D

·
Registered
52 Posts

no need to lower a bike. i was riding my brothers drz400s with no problems when i was 13. but then again i was 5'7'' so it wasn't to bad

·
Registered
282 Posts
5'1". The only picture I have of me on my DR-Z is when I was squiddin' it up on my wedding day. I have to shift a cheek off to get a foot down; on the WRX, I have to shift a cheek off to get a toe down.

Getting on either of the bikes - put up the stand, tilt the bike, get on.

Er, I'm the one on the left.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I I mean you ride with your feet on the pegs after all, and it's very easy to scoot to one side a little at a stop.
QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly. before I even had a bike I remember looking through the dirt rider issue when they had all the makes/models (do they still do that?) and comparing specs on seat height. like it would make or break a bike for me. looking back, it was not important at all.

I cant come close to both feet flat.

In my pic the middle of my thigh is on the seat. I do have a S-ton if preload in the back though (close to zero free sag):arsenal

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am 6" and the bike seems the right size :

mcjasonb, nice bike dude :thumbup:, what sort of boots is that ?

Roadstergal : You picture is soooooooooooooooooooo swwweeeettttt !!!

mcjasonb said:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts