1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
115 Posts
Absolutely get one if you can find a place to hang it on your ride. They sound like a freakin' train coming :nutkick: .

My brother-in-law had one on his TW200. Once while we were riding some backroads, he laid 2 rottweilers out flat on their bellies by sounding the horn just as they were getting ready to jump out from the side of the road to give chase. When they sorta recovered, they ran off with their tails between their legs (or would have if they had tails :laughingr :cheers: ). We still laugh about that one. When he sold his TW to buy a Super Sherpa, the Stebel was the one "farkle" he insisted on keeping.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
:thumbup: love that!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I will get it:thumbup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I set off car alarms with my bike as it is today (although in garage) so I don't really see the point of having a horn :lol:

·
Registered
125 Posts
They are pretty cool, one of my friends has one on his bike. Fucking loud though! I almost always wear ear plugs and holy shit is it loud. I almost wonder if they are worse than a normal horn b/c a car will be looking for something else to make a noise like that lol!

·
Registered
115 Posts
... I almost wonder if they are worse than a normal horn b/c a car will be looking for something else to make a noise like that lol!
As long as it makes that make-up applying, crossword working, cell-phone messaging, space cadet soccer mom (did I miss any sweeping generalizations :hmmm: ?) look up and pay attention to the road for a change--if even for a few brief seconds :hammer: -- it's a good thing in my book. Every little bit helps.

Bryan

·
Registered
239 Posts
140dB will within close proximity may result in some undesireable reaction.

....but if it the make-up tool poke in the eye, the cell flying out the window, a white-knuckle grasp on the wheel, or a look in the mirror to figure out where the hell they are in the road I'd say "yes".

Probably safer than a bang of the hand and a flip-of the bird on/through the passenger side window as I blow by.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
140dB will within close proximity may result in some undesireable reaction.

....but if it the make-up tool poke in the eye, the cell flying out the window, a white-knuckle grasp on the wheel, or a look in the mirror to figure out where the hell they are in the road I'd say "yes".

Probably safer than a bang of the hand and a flip-of the bird on/through the passenger side window as I blow by.

:rofl: AGREED

1 - 12 of 12 Posts