SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! There is new build from Ukraine. I am talking about Yamaha XT660X that should be lightened, with new suspension and in YZ trim. So first of all it was stripped to the frame. Subframe was cut off and new one was fabricated with intention to use YZ450f 2010 plastic. It is detouchable now. I have YZ forks and custom made Ohlins shock with remote canister. New upper shock mount was made. I like new style aluminium swingarm. Front forks on photo is just temporary one. And you can see new mounts for ATV YFZ450 radiator and for Scotts stabilizer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2006. New subframe will not save any weight. It is made just to accomodate new YZ fenders and seat. I have highly modded XT660R Rally and it weights 192 kg with 19L of gas. I'll try to use the only necessary parts to avoid fat but have to use some protection.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK friends! Sorry for offtopic but we have the first day of the war. I live in Zhitomir, the town with 300000 population not far from Kiev, Ukraine. At 5.30 A.M. I was woken up by fallen rockets. Our beloved airport was destroyed. And rockets and bombs were fallen the whole morning in many-many places all over the country. I am proud of our military forces that stopped russian army almost everywhere. I have two days ahead to finish deals and to join our army. Talk to your friends and neighbours and tell the truth that we are fighting for our friedom against one of the most powerful army in the world. And 400 of their corps will become a good fertilizer for our agriculture. This was day 1.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi everybody! I am from Ukraine and we have got russian invasion here. I live 120 km from Kiev in the town called Zhitomir. We have a lot of missile and avia attacks here but thanks God and our army forces russians were forced to leave our region. Obviously there was a delay in XT660 building but now I am near the finish.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can see KTM 640 carburetor. The reason is that from the very beginning there were only frame and engine. So I decided to use carburetor instead of EFI. I reckoned that ignition from XTZ660 1993 may be used and after all I was right. You can just put flywheel, generator and CDI in modern XT660 engine without any modifications and it will work! My customer changed his mind to build ultimate supermoto towards town commuter. I don`t like this idea but why not?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Exhaust is from CRF450. Air filterbox is made from steel and YZ air filter with cage are used to not restrict airflow. I like carburetor even more than EFI because of sharp throttle responce. I have another XT660R that is used for rally racing and I am the owner of RallyCup of Ukraine-2021 on this bike and tried to make different modes. Now I think it could be interesting to try FCR-MX41 carb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts