SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking about selling my supermoto to get something "more streetable"

For sale is 2001 WR426, with valid clean NC Street title. Title is on hand.

Anyways, Since I purchased this bike last year, I have added about 1000-1500miles. From what I was told this would mean the bike has a total of 6000-6500 miles. Engine is stock.

Bike has:
-Trail Tech X2 Head light, looks sick and is pictured.
-Has Works Connections all over the bike.
-Black Excel rims
-LED Blinkers, LED stoplight/taillight
-All free mods complete.
-ACEWell Computer
-White Brothers E-series Slip on. (sounds really good, and LOUD!)
-Supermoto Front fender
-Not-stock rear fender, (probably from a YZ, is pictured)
-Baja Designs Street Legal Kit
-Supermoto big front rotor
-Rear wave rotor
-Frame and swing arm powder coated black. (looks awesome, and pictured)

New:
-UFO Plastics Black Fork Sliders
-Acerbis Black Side Panels
-Front Brake Pads
-Axle Sliders
-Battery
-Fresh Oil and K&N Oil Filter
-Pro Taper Grips (not pictured, added 3/16/2011)

Also, bike comes with extra rear sprocket (47 tooth), trail tech computer, stock plastics, acerbis hand gaurds, Maxxis Supermotard rain tries, and probably more that I forgot.

Only known problems:
-Rear brake pressure switch doesn't work. Planning on replacing. (All this means is the brake light doesn't come on if only using rear brake)
-Needs new rear tire.

Anyways, here are pictures taken today:

More pictures in photobucket album:

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad286/mtnbike420/WR426F Supermoto/

Asking $3000
Bike is located in Charlotte NC

Also willing to trade for 2008+ KTM Duke 690, 2008+ Husqvarna 510SMR (of course it would include cash on my end towards your newer bike)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you do your axle sliders?
Kinda complicated. Used a 5/16" threaded rod front and rear. On the front the right side of the axle is very large inside, so i stacked a couple washers with nuts on either side in order to have the rod sit center and tight. Then i put more washers on the outsides and used nus to secure the rod. Used a nut or two as spacers then pressed a T nut into the skateboard wheel so the flange was facing in. (I used T-nuts without spikes) Then got two washers per wheel on the other side and used a nut to secure the wheel. The wheel will not move in or out, as it is very secure. I also measured the bolts after I mocked up the whole rig, and used my dremel to cut the bolts so all of the metal is recessed within the wheel. I figure it will be better to slide only on the wheels if the bike ever goes down. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im sure this will be sold by the first week of april. Im on the west coast till April 10th. but if not sold im very interested in the bike. Also waht is the second lever on the left side handle bar?

·
Registered
438 Posts
for what its worth.

take it from someone thats building a 426/444

this bike looks really well sorted and is worth every penny.

good luck with sale.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
scootnscooby, as shelbyguy said, it is the manual decompression lever. This lever is used to relieve compression from the cylinder at the top of the compression stroke (when kick starting). This is to make it very easy to kick start the bike.

and shelbyguy- Thanks for the compliment!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I REALLY want it, it would compliment my YZ450F off-road bike, plus I'm close by in Lexington, NC! I'm just waiting on the Harley and four wheeler to sell. You will definitely hear from me as soon as they do!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
how streetable is it. basically why are you getting rid of it
As of now, I want something that I can ride to class and leave it in the parking lot. Also having more distance capability would be nice. The WR426 isn't the kind of bike to ride a far distance down the highway on. Get it out on the twisties though and :D

The bike is super fun to ride, and I don't want to part with it, but can't afford to have two bikes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I REALLY want it, it would compliment my YZ450F off-road bike, plus I'm close by in Lexington, NC! I'm just waiting on the Harley and four wheeler to sell. You will definitely hear from me as soon as they do!!!
Sounds good. Good luck with the sale of your harley and or four wheeler. Hope to hear from you soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice

Hey man I live in Ashville, and am very interested! Does it have original top end I haven't read the previous threads so I don't know if you have answered that question but it seems to be set up just right, and I don't know if you have ever been up here but the roads are nasty :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I decided to keep to the bike.

Went and got some new tires for it yesterday... Taking the forks and shock up to FBI (fast bike inc) in the next week or two to have them re-sprung and re-valved.

Future plans: 444 big bore kit, yz450 exhaust cam... :D

·
Registered
438 Posts
smart move.

these are rock solid bikes...and literally as simple as they come.

yeah- we don't have a e start button...who needs it.
think kickers have a little more flavor.

waiting for my cyl head to come back from getting seats cut and assembled.

13.5:1, 444 with int/exh hotcams....

hulign

yes plz

1 - 20 of 20 Posts