SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

New to this site this is my first post *blush*:rolleyes2:

I recent brought a Yamaha WR125X and was just wondering if anybody knew what things I can do to it to give it a bit more... umph

Yes I know the whole 125 4stroke can't get half decent power outputs from aftermarket parts and so on...
So save me the grief;) Just wonna know if anyone has got any half decent power increases from anything, and anything I can do to give it a little more power.

Much thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I would leave it stock but it doesn't make enough noise for my liking and I'm not really fussed by the money side of it.

I have to wait until I'm 19 to be able to get anything bigger than a 125 so I figured I might as well make it nice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
don't waste your money...

Yeah I would leave it stock but it doesn't make enough noise for my liking and I'm not really fussed by the money side of it.

I have to wait until I'm 19 to be able to get anything bigger than a 125 so I figured I might as well make it nice.
open up the airbox a bit.
arrow makes a complete exhaust that yields decent results.

youll have to re program your ecu with a bit extra fuel to take advantage of the extra flow and it seems the only solutions are a bit... hokey, to say the least:
[url]http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/evo-tech-motorcycle-performance-chip/yamaha/wr125x

if you can find an aggressive cam or maybe someone like webcams to make you a custom cam that could help significantly.

you'll need a high compression (maybe 13.5-1?) to go alone with the cam.
head porting may help at this point too, but youre talking ~$600-$1000 just for porting and i'm guessing there aren't any people who know these engines extremely well.

all together you're talking 470 for exhaust, 220ish for ecu and you have to wire and program it thats almost $700 for 1-2 hp...

if you were to do everything 700 for exhaust, 220 foe ecu, 300-400 for custom cam, 250ish for piston (if you can find one) or 350ish for a custom piston and 800ish for porting. plus gaskets.

so you're spending ~2500 to get any real power out of the bike and it'll still be painfully slow...

in the end though you're better off just saving your money and buying a 250. i know you dont want to hear it, but the 125 was designed to be a slow bike, it is a slow bike and there isnt any realistic way to make it faster.

don't waste your money

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for helping me out a bit:)

I would buy a 250 or something but unfortunately here in England it's illegal to ride anything over 125 until I'm 19

·
Registered
344 Posts
yepp, sell it and get a yamaha dt 125x thats what i had when i was in your boat and it had more than enough power

1 - 8 of 8 Posts