SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buying an enduro because id like to ride something cheap as a first bike and want to build a supermoto out of it this winter, any reason to choose one platform over the other? or other reliable cheap alternatives to build an s/m out of
:hmmm::hmmm:

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
buying an enduro because id like to ride something cheap as a first bike and want to build a supermoto out of it this winter, any reason to choose one platform over the other? or other reliable cheap alternatives to build an s/m out of
WR450. Much lighter and snapier power. Very cost effective/cheap to convert.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Supermotos are sportbikes too . . .

Buying an enduro because I'd like to ride something cheap as a first bike
and want to build a supermoto out of it this winter,

Any reason to choose one platform over the other?

or other reliable cheap alternatives to build an s/m out of . . .

http://www.socalsportbikes.org/forums/showthread.php?t=258551

Check out 1:50 & again at 5:00 ~ do you want electric - or kick start . . .

·
Registered
469 Posts
Or get a drz supermoto. And buy dirt rims/tires... Much cheaper that way

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Or get a drz supermoto. And buy dirt rims/tires... Much cheaper that way
I don't know that there is enough price difference to offset the fun factor.

Most everybody in my area sold their drz, bought a 450 and converted it with the money from the sale.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so..........

only found one wr450 near me, its an 03 with a fresh top end rebuild for 1700. that being said i also found an 04 crf 450r with a big bore kit and a recent rebuild for 2000. also found a 1995 ktm lc4 with 2100 original miles for 2000, and last i also found an 01 husqvarna 410te with a 610 motor in it. The common problem between all of these bikes besides the ktm is the offroad title. Is it really that easy to send the title to another state, re-register it and have it put on the road in ny?

·
Registered
708 Posts
You need to check out your local police auctions . . .

Only found one wr450 near me,
it's an 03 with a fresh top end rebuild for 1700.

That being said I also found an 04 crf 450r
with a big bore kit and a recent rebuild for 2000.

Also found a 1995 ktm lc4 with 2100 original miles for 2000,
and last I also found an 01 husqvarna 410te with a 610 motor in it.

The common problem between all of these bikes besides the ktm is the offroad title.
Is it really that easy to send the title to another state,
re-register it and have it put on the road in New York?

I would imagine your police auction would have a few good runnig bikes . . .

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
only found one wr450 near me, its an 03 with a fresh top end rebuild for 1700. that being said i also found an 04 crf 450r with a big bore kit and a recent rebuild for 2000. also found a 1995 ktm lc4 with 2100 original miles for 2000, and last i also found an 01 husqvarna 410te with a 610 motor in it. The common problem between all of these bikes besides the ktm is the offroad title. Is it really that easy to send the title to another state, re-register it and have it put on the road in ny?
I'd focus on the WR or the KTM. Yes, it is as simple as sending paperwork to S. Dakota and they send you a plate.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
awesome!

i already read your thread comparing 450's and what you have to do to get a wr on the road, anyone wanna buy my car :thumbup: just dropped a new motor, shocks struts and tires on it :D lol 7k into this bitchhhh
:hammer:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Honestly just buy a older KTM 450 exc thats already plated. 520,525 or 530 if you like more power, NY sucks with plates I wouldn't mess around with it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
as a matter of fact

thats one of six or so bikes im keeping tabs on, interested in buying my car? :thumbup: but thank you for taking time out of your day just to look up something on a localized cl much obliged!

·
Registered
182 Posts
:thumbup: No problem

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
As a first bike, I'd suggest the drz. It's much more tame than the wr or xr, and been around forever.

Keep in mind, you need experience, not HP right now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts