SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a XR650r with most of the parts to convert it over to SUMO, however to use the stock forks since i hear USD forks are not a good idea if you plan to primarly use it offroad, so now the plan is to keep it stock and just buy some SUMO rims that fit with the current suspension.

So i have for sale:

1. "CRF forks Showa set up for SUMO so slightly shorter and tuned for supermoto" + CRF Triple+ CRF front brake caliper , this will convert the front of your XR650R to SUMO. - 350 OBO

2. Ohlins CRF forks FG9910 -SOLD

3. CRF Front Excel Takasago rim with Rotor- 120 OBO

4. Baer sumo wheel for CRF black in color 4.5 will fit XR650R with proper spacers -400 OBO

All prices are OBO, so please feel free to make offers, worst i can say is no.

Might be willing to take some trades for some parts for an XR.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
well unfortunately i don't have much aftermarket for the XRR besides the talon/excel wheel set, everything else is stock stuff front end as I'm doing my USD swap currently.

z

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well unfortunately i don't have much aftermarket for the XRR besides the talon/excel wheel set, everything else is stock stuff front end as I'm doing my USD swap currently.

z
well if you like to make a cash offer, just let me know

-Victor

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am interested in the CRF forks (Item #1)... Where are you located? Are those prices including shipping? Please let me know....

PM sent....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Forks and stock wheel

Sent you a PM last week about the front forks,triples and stock frt wheel. Are they still available? And if so how much shipped to 92626.
Thanks, Drew

·
Registered
272 Posts
Bump to the top , with a pm sent. :thumbup:

let me ask a ? please .

whats the diff between regular crf forks and sumo crf forks .

I see you said shorter, what is done , are they cut down , or compressed some kind of way or ?/?? , how much shorter r they than stock crf usd's . thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
the change I am doing to my forks is shortening the travel and overall extended length of the fork 3 inches. they do this by using springs that are 3 inches shorter (spring rate goes up when you cut it shorter) and putting 3 inch spacers in the fork to keep the fork from extending to its original length when unweighted. I dont know exactly what valving changes are usually used on SM applications but I bet racers have super firm low speed compression settings to prevent brake dive, squatting in corners, etc... Valving can sometimes help remidy handleing issues and so the same changes are not always made. Someoneelse can tell you much more lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts