SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've got an XR650R that I want to do a CRF plastics conversion on. From what I've read Monnier isn't making their tanks any longer. I know of BL Italia makes a tank but they are a bit overpriced in my opinion and the oversize is kinda small if I remember reading. I've also read that their welds are not that great for the price. So the question I pose, how many people would be interested in a tank similar to the BL Italia if one were available. I have access to a water jet cutter and I am professional welder/fabricator. No promises, but I was thinking it would take a while to make the first one but after that, duplicates could be made fairly quick. Any interest?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Heck yes, googling the Monnier is what led me to this post. I have a Xr600SM now but am in the process of looking for a 650 and was researching a CRF bodywork swap. I have participated in builds for a number custom parts on my ZRX board, what would you need to get started?

Hey guys, I've got an XR650R that I want to do a CRF plastics conversion on. From what I've read Monnier isn't making their tanks any longer. I know of BL Italia makes a tank but they are a bit overpriced in my opinion and the oversize is kinda small if I remember reading. I've also read that their welds are not that great for the price. So the question I pose, how many people would be interested in a tank similar to the BL Italia if one were available. I have access to a water jet cutter and I am professional welder/fabricator. No promises, but I was thinking it would take a while to make the first one but after that, duplicates could be made fairly quick. Any interest?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well in all honesty I thought there would be more interest. Sorry to say, but if you are the only one interested, it wouldn't be worth it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm looking at the BL Italia tank right now, really wish some other folks would get on board with this. Would you consider making one for me, I'll show it off and see if more interest comes out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To make just one would cost way more than BL italia tank would cost. Cranking out a dozen or so of them would make them way cheaper. But right now I'm slammed at work and Im going out of town for a couple of months for work so I couldn't do it even if I wanted to. Sorry.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd definitely be interested too if you get enough interest and you decide to do it. My guess is that with the number of people that buy the Blitalia tanks and go through the hassle of the translation issues and cost there would certainly be enough people in the US that would be interested once they saw the product for a good price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts