SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken the dipstick off and put it back on once before but this time I can't get the darn thing screwed back in no matter how many ways I tried.

Someone help me, what's the trick?!!:crazy:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had the same problem 1 st time I changed the oil , what I did was look at the threads , lined em up , put the dip stick in straight down , pushed and screwed it in, I think I remember backing it up 1/8 of a turn then screwing it in.Hope this helps

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had the same problem 1 st time I changed the oil , what I did was look at the threads , lined em up , put the dip stick in straight down , pushed and screwed it in, I think I remember backing it up 1/8 of a turn then screwing it in.Hope this helps
:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
yeah, there were a few times that the end of the stick got caught one "something" inside because I wasn't putting it straight in. I could feel that it didn't want to turn for some reason. double check that you're putting it in straight. I think, after a few oil chacks/changes, I got in the habit of putting it in with the stick pointing towards the front wheel a little bit, then squaring up the cap to screw it in.

·
Registered
163 Posts
mine is a pain also, i found if the end of the dip stick rides the right side of the hole/frame the way down it screws in. if the tip of the stick rides the left side of the frame as it goes down it will want to cross-thread...dont know if this makes much sence to you. There must be somthing inside the frame that cocks the dip stick causing it to want to cross thread.

·
Registered
87 Posts
mine is a pain also, i found if the end of the dip stick rides the right side of the hole/frame the way down it screws in. if the tip of the stick rides the left side of the frame as it goes down it will want to cross-thread...dont know if this makes much sence to you. There must be somthing inside the frame that cocks the dip stick causing it to want to cross thread.
ummm, yeah, i learned that the hard way, so far i've cut off about half the threads on it because every time i take it out it cross threads. i cut a little off, line it up and screw it in. i think i'll get off my cheap ass and go get the $12 part.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
You have to get the dipstick on the right side like they already said, point it to the upper right and it screws in easily. A easy fix is to cut off the first half of the dipstick, but i like the longer stick:thumbup:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'd like to slap that jap engineer who made this POS dipstick F'n impossible to put back in. Changing the F'n oil is a f'n breeze other then this F'n GD dipstick won't go back in the GD Fn' GD HOLE.

Dumb ass #(*)#* ##)*#)( #)@)!)*(@ @)*)(@)*(*)(@# #*)($*)...
:nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::bringiton:bringiton:bringiton:bringiton:bringiton:bringiton:bringiton:bringiton:2hard:2hard:2hard:2hard:2hard:2hard:thefinger:thefinger:thefinger:thefinger:thefinger:thefinger:poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo:

:needpics:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Funny, I forgot all about that dipstick on the XR650R's until I read this thread.

Brings back bad memories with my '00 650R. I think I put it back in cross-threaded the 1st time I changed the oil and had nothing but trouble after that getting it back in correctly.

Hell of a bike though (other than the screwy dipstcik and the excessive weight).

Thanks for the laugh though!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts