SuperMoto Junkie banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Even though mines in the shop for a rebuild, I still think it's a good bike. that's a very fair price for the bike. if it was local I'd offer $4k for it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Even though mines in the shop for a rebuild, I still think it's a good bike. that's a very fair price for the bike. if it was local I'd offer $4k for it. :thumbup:
I had my XR650R for 2 years now no complaints go on the hwy and I had reach 130 km/h a lot of torque, i just placed an order for the supermotard wheels marchesini from motostrano plus caliper and disc in the front, please guys with supermotard what do I need to look for when doing this conversion? I am going to do it my self so any tips will be helpful. So I will tell you to go with XR no regrets!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Any bike is going to need suspension work unless your 160lbs and even then the valving will probably need changed.

The xrr is a bullet proof bike. It is not in the same league as a DRZ or even wr450. Although it may not be best suited for cart tracks due to its size and weight it does have its place on the street and larger tracks.

The price reflects the condition of the bike in the ad well. After you ride it you will know whether its for you or not. Goodluck!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
How does it compare to the DRZ in terms of maintenance and reliability. It would be a good 5 hours drive for me to look at it so I really want to be sure

Thanks btw for all the input so far!:thumbup:
Considering they used them in stock to wild ass power specs in desert racing for years and could go 110 wide open for days they aren't a dog nor are they unreliable. I feel there is NO comparison to the DRZ or any 400 as even all pumped up a DRZ would be about as fast as an uncorked XRR, but no where near as reliable. There are guys with 680cc and even 780ccs in these. I would JUMP on that bike because if you found a stock one for 2K and then tried to plate and sumo it it would cost you another 3K to do so.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I love my XRR and it has a Rekluse auto clutch installed, which allows a top speed of 110+ and still does single track with no trouble! :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love my XRR and it has a Rekluse auto clutch installed, which allows a top speed of 110+ and still does single track with no trouble! :D
Hey Pete I have an XR650R too I wonder what is that rekluse clutch does?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
It works differently , but it's like centrifugal clutch on a mini bike. If you know how to use a clutch well , it's not of much use. Nobody that's wasted the money will tell you it was a waste.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hey what brand of tires
are you using there ?

HEY ~ bikerman ~ just like my Aprilia RXV 4.5 ~ the BRP Honda has 2 sets of wheels . . .

Sold the other flag stone type on & off road tires to Daryl Duty for his street legal X R 650 R *

Street tires work much better on asphalt & knobby tires work fantastic while riding in the dirt !

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes Agreed with you I have my OEM dirt wheels and I got a new Sm marchesini set for the street with Battlax tires, they grip amazing!

·
Registered
83 Posts

Just got new shoes yesterday I went with Michelin Road 5 let’s see how this will handle on spring time with the rain

21 - 35 of 35 Posts