SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone put an xr 650 r or l motor in a crf 450 frame? long story as to why im thinking about this but....is it possible?

mike

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
It's possible. I've actually seen one, but I don't remember where it was. Then again, I've seen a Super Hawk motor in a CRF frame!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
650r would be trick. L would be a lump. If you really want the witches tit though do a search for a service honda cr500 they put a 2 stroke 500 motor in a crf450 chassis. And ship it to you. That puts your .... well anything back on hind teet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the reason im thinking about this project is i have a crf powered quad, and a crf rolling chassis that donated the motor to the quad...trying to come up with a fun, more reliable than the crf motor to put into the chassis and turn into a street-tard!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
not a 650 but a 250xr motor...... some guy did it on thumpertalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i found the thread on that pic that was posted, awesome thread on thumpertalk, actually a big bore xr 300....great write up to...not sure if im allowed to post the link....

·
Registered
14 Posts
anyone put an xr 650 r or l motor in a crf 450 frame? long story as to why im thinking about this but....is it possible?

mike
I saw the XR300 big bore into the 250X frame, but there was also a 650R slapped into a 450 Frame. It was on TT as well. Pretty cool looking bike. Man some guys know their stuff. :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
You should really look into the DR350 engine, I rode an old fat DR350 that had lots of mods and a "thumper kit" in it and it was sickening fast!!! It would be a smaller lighter engine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts