SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this site and have decided to convert my 1984 Honda XL350R to a supermoto. I'm getting some '09 Ninja 250 wheels soon and hopefully will be able to get those fitted and start working on some more parts afterwards. I will be posting pics as I can, I'm at college so I'm not able to work on it as much as I would like.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this site and have decided to convert my 1984 Honda XL350R to a supermoto. I'm getting some '09 Ninja 250 wheels soon and hopefully will be able to get those fitted and start working on some more parts afterwards. I will be posting pics as I can, I'm at college so I'm not able to work on it as much as I would like.
Why with the Ninja wheels?
You've got a 17" rear wheel now, all you need is the hub from your current front wheel and a 17" rim and spokes and you're all set. About $300

Unless you are getting the wheels for free somewhere? Do you know how much machining will be needed? Have access to a machinist?

I have all the stock gear off my 85 XR350 in great shape as I've upgraded a lot. All suspension, two sets of wheels - 1 with new street rubber- brakes both ends, header pipes, stator, new fork boots, axles, black Meier plastic, IMS tank, powdercoated swingarm, etc
I've got a LOT of parts for these bikes. :)
PM if interested in anything.
Here's the old setup, just swapped on the front rubber to start the move to motard

Here's now. 650L swingarm, CRF250 exhaust behind XR's Only headers, CR125 front end with CRFX wheels. I just got a 17" front wheel built by Buchanon spokes and it's on now, but no pics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm getting the ninja wheels for $100 and will be doing all the machining myself. I want to put a rear disc on anyway. I also want to have tubeless tires so I think I'm gonna go this route... How do you like the cr 125 suspension on the front as far as handling?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts