SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys well i picked up a xr650r and well i dont race so theres no reason for me to keep the ol' yz450 so im putting her up for sale or trade.

SO first things first lets get the specs out of the way.

Bike: 05 yz450f street title

The bike had 20 hrsish on it i was told and I would agree when i opened it up for some upgrades it looked it. I put on 1400-1600mi on it so right about 2000mi and i can get a pic of the vapor. its never seen the dirt went straight to street and when i got it it was barely street worthy now its a rather nice street race bike lol.

E-line external 200watt stator with reg/rec and batt for ultimate DC power setup you want to power it this will do it and not jeopardize the OEM ignition stator. this is no longer made and it is awesome! It also adds about 12oz to the crank and really helps power smoothness on the street.

personal made track ready catch cans for coolant crank and fuel.

home made sliders--- delrin peg sliders easily removable
---------------------skate board wheel axle sliders cheap replacment if used.

WR450 petcock added for reserve, it is a street tard after all!

extra Clarke 2.8gal tank not yet installed.

Spal fan added behind the right radiator on a switch for the just in case moment.

DRZ400sm chain slider swapped with extra replacement slider.

Trail Tech X2 DOT headlight

R6 lighting control switches

LED taillight

SDG gripper seat

Sumo front fender forgot the brand can find it. and stocker

Cycra plastic probend handguards with the top trimmed down. (installed for bugs)

EBC 320mm front rotor and bracket

SS front brake line

Excell hoops laced to OEM hubs for flawless fitment and a 4.5" rear width for excellent fitment for both 150 and 160 width tires for a street tard

WR450 5-speed trans swap for the sweet tard gearing it provides with the added 5th gear OD and the smaller ratio 1st so its actually usable.

Vapor computer installed W/ Billet aluminum protector. (speedo,water temp, RPM)

Added XRR thermostat to try and make it more street friendly but its just too big. its designed for a 1.3l I-4. I can replace it with the stock hose but I prefer to remove the thermostat and leave the housing as i also installed the water temp sensor in it. Not a big deal at all.
EXTRAS:

stock 4speed trans parts
the Clarke 2.8gal tank
stock petcock
OEM head gasket and stator cover gasket didnt need them when i swapped the trans.
extra brake pressure switch for replacment or add to the rear brake if you want.
4x LED blinker lights and LED flasher relay, i just never installed these. didnt need them in AR but they are great for group rides so people know where your going...
SS oil filter kit not yet installed but its about time for the next oil change.

I also have a brand new contiforce SM 150 tire as the one installed is on its last legs as you can see.

SO i didnt wash the bike i figure you should see it as its been ridden, this isnt a garage queen i enjoyed riding this bike all over the country but for future endevors i believe the xr650r fills that better (turbo). It has ben laid down on 2-3 different occasions all under 10 mph and no real damage other than the stock can has a touch of rash as seen in the pic. I also just repacked the can it was empty lol. I wrapped the stock header in heat wrap for heat retention.

SO all in all a GREAT street bike i loved it has all the snap and rediculousness you expect from a race dirt bike on the street. 1-3rd power wheelie and 4th small bounce.
Geared 15/42(2.8) max speed about an even 100 not that its needed.

Well there she is im looking for $3500 or possible trades for newer black framed SV650s, fz6, fz6r.

I love the bike and put the time into making it as street friendly as it is now but dont need to sell either just figure itll help fund other adventures and already have a replacment that will fill my next bikes plans.

Most of the things i did to the bike can be found in a number of threads i started if you have questions.

heres the pics
z

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great deal here guys let me know what you think? this bike is a beast way more snap than my new XR650r!! honsetly stock for stock this bad boy takes it whether weight or power the YZ is too fun! and so far it gets better MPG than the new xrr... might have to change my mind about which one to sell...

obo
z

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Bump for sick Yami. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump for sick Yami. :thumbup:
thanks it really is its as close to stock as you could want to a MX bike converted honestly. Super reliable YZ 5-valve head hardly ever needing valve adjustments its just an awsome bike. I almost dont want to sell hell now that ive got a few miles on my new bike i may change my mind this damn thing gets 50MPG!!!!! in its current configuration my XRR only gets 33ish... and although bigger not the snap and retarded sumoness of the YZ450! this bike rocks! may have to through the bigger fuel tank on and give her some miles while i turbo the XRR :arsenal

still up guys if you have any questions at all feel free to ask ill answer to the best of my ability. If you would like to see an alternate deal or something done prior to purchase or whatever shoot me a message the worst i could say is no lol but any reasonable request will be considered and replied to in a professional aspect. Hell if you want something built for th dan thing we could work out a deal if i have the ability to do so lol

anywho up to the top!

z

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can't believe no one's bought this! I would've jumped on it if it was closer to Pittsburgh.

Free bump!
you know i know i have it priced super decent being people buy high mileage DRZ's at the same price all the time but just as you said and when i was looking people dont quite know what the supermoto is all about yet around here so most potential buyers are a tad too far unfortunately to this date.

z

·
Registered
217 Posts
Seriously! I've been browsing with serious intent to buy, but all that are listed here are DRZs for $3500-4000, and then some of the nicer bikes for $5000-5500. I can't even find any good street legal dirtbikes to convert for less than $4000. Every morning I wake up just hoping someone will post something like this for sale out here.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well renewed tags for her and ill be adding miles for a bit as i start the xr650r project. :arsenal

Still for sale guys just looks like ill be swapping on some of those extra parts now chain slider, fuel tank, tire... if it gets to the cords.

Still a sweet ride!

z

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
replied

For anyone interested im planning on changing the rear tire and chain slider this week as its due maintenance and less hassle for a potential buyer wanting to grip and rip their new bike :arsenal

oh and i was rockin the bike the other day and the tire only had 20mi left in her the cords are ripe for picking now lol

z

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tire R2d and balanced and chain slider R2d as well.
Replaced the battery as well.

soon ill probably relocate the fan and install the larger fuel tank. :thumbup:

TTT
z

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry guy should have said already sourced tradeable bike so no longer looking to trade..... Unless maybe a v-twin bobber/cafe/chop project.

Also I have a guy looking to come get it from NC this weekend but if it flakes through I'll repost.

Any pics of the street tracker?

Z

·
Registered
23 Posts
if only you were closer to me! so hard in midwest looking for motards...

Sick bike and SICKER rx-7! looks like a turbo?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
if only you were closer to me! so hard in midwest looking for motards...

Sick bike and SICKER rx-7! looks like a turbo?

lol ya gotta be willing to drive some times man. hopefully this ones gone this weekend though guys coming sunday to get it hopefully.

So you saw the 7 huh....lol ya all 3rd gens are stock twin turbo that ones waiting on the t66 single i have sitting in the garage.... damn i have a lot of toys...

z

·
Registered
23 Posts
that ones waiting on the t66 single i have sitting in the garage..
:arsenal
better be a thread up here with vids soon.
One of my top 3 dream cars = a black 3rd gen single turbo with powerglide
dont let me down!

and GLWS this weekend:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts