SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes. Name's Rick.
After a long year of drooling over and romping around a buddy's DRZ400sm, I put together some cash and bought this xr650l that was "converted to supermoto".
It's got '04 CRF a front fork, 17" front wheel with a 110 tire on it. Rear is an 18" wheel with a 130 on it. Skinny!
EDIT: Already put protaper bars on it and trashed the cafe racer 2 piece bars it came with.
Wheels are on the list of things to do. Proper fenders will be on this weekend. Just need the side panels to cover the airbox/battery box. For some reason the previous previous owner hacked it together like this and now I've made it my mission to properly finish this "conversion".
All in all, it runs decently and it's a blast to ride. But it's uglier than sin. Needs haaaalp.

Oh and the exhaust sure is somethin special.
Any tips to put me in the right direction?

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Those fenders man...:clap:

Needs a headlight mask, big time. Baja Concepts makes some really rad looking stuff but they're $$$$!

Acerbis makes a one that I'm not a huge fan of, but lot's of people like it and it's just a little over $100.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those fenders man...:clap:

Needs a headlight mask, big time. Baja Concepts makes some really rad looking stuff but they're $$$$!

Acerbis makes a one that I'm not a huge fan of, but lot's of people like it and it's just a little over $100.

Thanks man. I'd definitely lean towards the baja concepts one but price is also a big factor here. There's a few decent looking universals on chinabay but I wouldn't be too upset with the acerbis one.
OEM header and DG performance can are en route via ups so hopefully this god awful exhaust will be gone by this weekend.

Also found out that the petcock on the desert tank was mounted in a real special place, making about 1/2 gallon of fuel left in the tank completely useless. :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts