SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I thought i saw a set on ebay over the weekend. They might have eneded but not sure. google ktm shrouds ebay, and see what comes up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depending on condition and price , Sure . Shipping is going to kill me . I am about as far away from you as I could get . LoL . Do you have any good pictures and a price in mind ? My e-mail is [email protected] and my zip code is 06074 Ct. - Thanks -Gary

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I'll take some pics tonight and get send them. I know the insides need a cleaning but over all there are no scuffs or scratches, just normal wear. I know OEM new ones are about $117 a side, but not sure what used ones go for. let me research and I'll get back to ya.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got this right off of KTM parts .com

5840805000004 Left Shroud (Orange) LC4 1998-2002 $57.79
5840805100004 Right Shroud (Orange) LC4 1998-2002 $57.79 ( I know the dates say 98-02 but these are listed with the 05 smc parts fiche so they must be unchanged)

58608099000 DECAL SET 625 SMC 05 $71.44

I think you were looking at the black part #s , They are a lot more expensive . you were right about the UFO's being $55 . Yours look good and when you are ready to sell , let me know a price shipped to 06074 . I need to do something fairly soon . By the way your bike looks very nice ! How many miles are on it ? I can tell you are excited about fixing it up . I just got mine and feel the same way . Thanks -Gary

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I just got mine 3 weeks ago after searching and waiting for one to pop up for sale in hawaii for over a year. They are hard to come by and even hard to find in Hawaii. Mines an 05 SMC with 7800 miles. One owner and well maintained motor wise but he never gave it a bath much. I've done the exhaust, air box, throttle stop, tps dissconnect and can removal mods. Getting it jetted this weekend and waiting on black front fender, rear fender and EXC headlight and mask kit. I'll post up before and after shot when she's complete.
As for my shrouds, if i can get them in a USPS flat rate box then shipping should be fairly cheap, like $20 for both. Let me order see how long black shroud will take to get and then I'll sell ya mine. Deal?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds good to me . I know what you mean about hard to find . I have been looking for a long time for one and all of that time this one was sitting one town over from me on a lift with just 1800 miles on it. The bike is mint except one shroud scrubbed up against something and got scuffed .. Thanks - Gary

·
1,229 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the info. (you bum) ..LoL .. Do you know what aftermarket shrouds fit ? So 1998-2002 Lc4 as well as 2004 625 will fit ? Thanks - Gary

·
1,229 Posts
Thanks for the info. (you bum) ..LoL .. Do you know what aftermarket shrouds fit ? So 1998-2002 Lc4 as well as 2004 625 will fit ? Thanks - Gary
I guess it depends on the bike for the older models,

this is a 98 lc4 and it definitely won't fit

although this one (1998 640 lc4) should fit, cause that's the same tank they used on the dukes, and later 640 (I just put one on my 625 it's the 12 liter)

Basically if you look at the tank under the shrouds you should be able to tell.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Sounds good to me . I know what you mean about hard to find . I have been looking for a long time for one and all of that time this one was sitting one town over from me on a lift with just 1800 miles on it. The bike is mint except one shroud scrubbed up against something and got scuffed .. Thanks - Gary
I found a black set that I can get for $129 shipped, so what'd ya say to $70 for both of my stock shrouds shipped? LMK

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you can package them so that they do not get scratched up getting here sure . Paypal ? If you don't mind me asking where did you find black ones for that price ? I have been looking everywhere .Thanks -Gary

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
If you can package them so that they do not get scratched up getting here sure . Paypal ? If you don't mind me asking where did you find black ones for that price ? I have been looking everywhere .Thanks -Gary
Found them at Cyclehutt.com
http://www.ktmcyclehutt.com/ktmstore/hardparts/ktm_shrouds.htm
They have black, blue, orange and silver. The blue ones are 3 times the price at $124 per side. They come varnished(shiney). I'm gonna PM you my paypal info. what are you gonna do with your old ones??? Send me some pics of yours maybe we can do a swap plus some cash if they arent in to bad shape. I still like the idea of having the stocks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Colin , Paypal sent . I am having problems with this sites PM I cannot reply on it . Is the paypal address you gave me also your e-mail address? If so I will e-mail you my info . My address should be included with paypal money. Will you be shipping them soon? I am not sure what I am going to do with mine .If I decide to sell them I will let you know first . Thanks -Gary

1 - 20 of 21 Posts