SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. I am still with my stock handlebar as the mid-bend was outta stock... :boxing:

I was just wonder what the X guys are using?

1. Low bend? (lower than stock)
2. Mid bend? (stock height)
3. High bend? (higher than stock)

On top of that, do you feel any difference in handling?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Well.. I am still with my stock handlebar as the mid-bend was outta stock... :boxing:

I was just wonder what the X guys are using?

1. Low bend? (lower than stock)
2. Mid bend? (stock height)
3. High bend? (higher than stock)

On top of that, do you feel any difference in handling?

I had zeta motard mediums on till I highsided.......now I have msr aluminums in yz bend(they have less sweep then stock). No reportable differences in handling.

·
Registered
32 Posts
When my girl got her's, she couldn't touch the ground so we had to lower it. So we bought the pro-taper universal mounts that mount on top of the original mounts to raise the bars about a 1/2 in. Then we put Tag Hi-bend (which I should mention are wider than the PT Evos hi-bend). Also, if you plan on getting the zeta handguards, they will not mount to the Tag Hi-bend. But they mount fine to the PT Evos. Acerbis HGs will mount fine to anything. :cheers:

Edit: Oh yeah, and the Tags are a little stiffer than the Evos too.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have yz high bend 7/8ths pro tapers. llove them. give me more room when i am sitting on the tank when cornering.
oh ya I almost forgot about this! Right now my X is only for commuting... so did not take note of this

thanks for pointing this out... :thumbup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I actually threw on a set of Renthals with a Honda bend (this is what I was told anyway) that were given to me. Honestly they work pretty well, and are only about an 1/8" different on the ends of the bars. Eventually I'd like to try a Pro Taper similar to what is on my YZ250F.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts