SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do u need to take the exhaust off to wrap the headers etc? does wrapping it have great benefits or is it more of a looks thing? i know it reduces heat but significantly..

·
Registered
111 Posts
wrappers

Yes I would take the head pipe off to wrap the pipe!

I am sure you could do a much better job of wraping the pipe if it was clamped in a vice or on your work bench than attached to the bike.

Wrapping the pipes with the insulating wrap keeps the pipes from radiating heat.

This keeps the exhaust gases leaving the engine hotter which improves the flow of the gases out of the pipe.

Another advantage is that this also keeps the heat that would normally radiate from the pipes off of you.

You can get the wrap in several different colors so be creative and shoot some before and after pics and post them here so we can check out your handy work!

Don't re-use your old exhaust gaskets, get new ones!
SIRR1

·
Registered
251 Posts
another trick I learned from either here or ADV is to let the wrap soak in water before you throw it around your header. then once you run the bike for about 15 minutes or so, the wrap tightens as it dries up nice and snug.

the only downfall so far I've noticed is, I'm gonna end up having to replace the packing more often with the added heat making it the actual can compared to without the wrap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts