SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would think they are waiting to gauge the success of the 250 but I bet they will next year. It still will be cheaper to convert a wr450f and then you have two bikes, street and dirt.:thumbup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would think they are waiting to gauge the success of the 250 but I bet they will next year. It still will be cheaper to convert a wr450f and then you have two bikes, street and dirt.:thumbup:
Many states will flat out tell you no to converting a WRF. New York is one of them.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Our Yamaha sales rep is going to be in the shop tomorrow and I'm going to ask if he has any insight on the possibility of a 450X. He owns a 250X himself....I wonder if that means anything (ie. he bought a 250 knowing there would NOT be a 450???....or maybe he just couldnt wait, like myself).

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Cool, how long ago? I tried in the last six months in three locations. They flat said not possible. Was your's new when you did it?
Joe

Nope miens an 03 I bought it used with an MSO. I got it registered about 2 months ago. I had a clear title for a while though just got it registered recently. Only had the title for about 7 months. Theres a couple ways you can get a title.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would be curious to see if they do. I know my friends at the Yamaha Shop says the 250X sold well they can't get anymore. I hope they would.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Everything is already so tight I doubt that would be possible.
Not to argue with you, but are you taking into consideration that the engine cradle it removable/replacable. Needless to say I haven't even come close to taking measurements but I'd think that a re-fabbed cradle made to make it fit would do the trick. Of course it would require some skills welding, but if you PC it the same flat black it could look pretty close to factory. I've just seen what some guys can do with engine swaps in quads and learned that nothing is impossible with enough skills as a welder.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Thank God!!! I would have not been a happy boy if they had released a 450X next year.::bowdown:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Me too! I'm glad they didnt yet either. I knew they wouldnt. It would not have been the way they would intro a flagship like the wrx, waiting a year later after the fanfare to re-introduce the duplicate 450cc bigger brother wouldnt make sales sense. I hope we do see a 450 one day though.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Our Yamaha rep had no comment. I would like to see a 450 come out even though I have a 250....Thinking of trading in the 600RR on a KTM 690 next year...hmmm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts