SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone im new to sumos so please be nice.
i was just wondering if anyone knew the stock bhp of a wr 450 from 2003 to 2005. due to new laws in england made by corrupt politicians i am resticted to 46.6 bhp on my leicence, but i really want a wr 450 sumo id be keeping the crosser wheelas for enduros but it would be mainly sumo.
if anyone can help it would be amazing
thanks brownie

·
Registered
146 Posts
hello everyone im new to sumos so please be nice.
i was just wondering if anyone knew the stock bhp of a wr 450 from 2003 to 2005. due to new laws in england made by corrupt politicians i am resticted to 46.6 bhp on my leicence, but i really want a wr 450 sumo id be keeping the crosser wheelas for enduros but it would be mainly sumo.
if anyone can help it would be amazing
thanks brownie
Hi and welcome, I haven't seen manufacturer claims from Yamaha regarding power output, but expect low-to-mid 40's at the wheel from a free-mod/derestricted WR450. High 40's-50 rear wheel HP with a YZ cam, exhaust, jetting etc. Will the UK Dept of transportation (or whatever it's called over there) actually measure the bike's HP? Seems unlikely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ye it ages related its if you are under 24 you cant ride a bike that produces over 46.6 bhp, they also say im restricted to 0.2kw/kg but i dont know what that is in bhp so im not listening to it. obv ill be modifing the bike, but its the bhp if it produces under 46.6 illget it and f*** the restrictions off, but if it over its no from the police because they dont like anyone having fun. before anyone says get a wr250 ive looked at them and rode one didnt like it there wasnt enough grunt for what i want it for. and all i want it for is for going round town and doing urban exploring.
thanks brownie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow that sucks man. I guess I could see maybe under 16 but 24? You know what it is, I suspect - universal healthcare. Here in the states, the insurance co's just charge you more individually if you want to go up in classes. You can drive a 2000cc supersport if you want you're just going to pay for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts