SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning everyone, Mitch here.

I'm a long time lurker but newbie to posting, so I hope this is in the correct place. Apologies if not.

Anyways, to the point. Looking at buying some used sumo wheels for my 2006 KTM 525 EXC. (Finally entering the dream)
What can you guys tell me of this, as I am a little weary on it. Guy I'm looking to buy from has a set of 17s from a WR450, which he has converted to fit HIS 2010 KTM 530 EXC. Here's what I'm told.

"...they were originally set up for a WR450, I changed the front bearings to the stock ones that matched my KTM and made the spacers. The rear I just made aluminum adapters to fit the KTM."

Does this sound okay to mount up? What do I need to look at, spoke count, hub size? Any of these things? Or should they be good to slap on as is essentially, coming from his KTM?
I will get some pics up as well.

Thanks guys. Cheers from Canada.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Does he have spacers behind rotor or sprocket out back? I'd be surprised if KTM and Yamaha used the same spacing.

Spoke count is almost universally 36. Doesn't really matter for fitment. All these bikes are in the same weight class so if the hubs are strong enough for one they're strong enough for the other.

What KTM does he have them on?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does he have spacers behind rotor or sprocket out back? I'd be surprised if KTM and Yamaha used the same spacing.

Spoke count is almost universally 36. Doesn't really matter for fitment. All these bikes are in the same weight class so if the hubs are strong enough for one they're strong enough for the other.

What KTM does he have them on?
Just added some pictures, think I did it wrong. He rides a 2010 EXC 530.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I have a hard time believing its going to work. Ask him for pictures of the rims mounted on the bike with the bakes connected.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
looks good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts