SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a plated 2004 WR450!! Ive been "trolling" SMJ forever, and am really stoked to finally have a Tard.
I just ordered a set of Warp 9 wheels, and was wondering what size tire would fit my bike with the least hassle. Also any tire brand suggestions would be awesome!
So if you have a WR450 and have any advice it would be much appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
What size rear rim did u order? U can run a 5 in with a 160 but u may have chain rub on the tire. If u have a 4.25 wheel with a 150 tire u will have no trouble at all

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
on the rear chain guide there is 2 bolts that need to be turned around 180 degrees --so they dont dig into to the tire -
I ground off most of the end of the bolt heads --
Ive used both Michelin Pilot Power and Bridgestone Battlax 016 -- 150 will fit well -

Is your WR 450 the one that was on craigs list a few days ago north of ATX -- great bikes -

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Groovy2 Yep drove up to Belton and bought it Thursday! Pretty stoked, got a good deal- now I just have to sell my FZ6 to help ease the wallet :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definitely gonna go with the 150 rear- and probably going to get the Bridgestone 016 cause cycle gear is having a sale right now. What size front tire? Sorry for the noob question, my rims should come in today and I want to get on the road ASAP!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Standard sportbike 120/70r17. It may rub the plastic fork guard but a few stoppies will take care of that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Definitely gonna go with the 150 rear- and probably going to get the Bridgestone 016 cause cycle gear is having a sale right now. What size front tire? Sorry for the noob question, my rims should come in today and I want to get on the road ASAP!
I am picking up an 06 wr450 also. I usually ride dirt but was thinking it would be nice to have some street tires and see how it does on the road. How much were your rims? do they bolt right up or do you need spacers?? I am assuming the suspension would be too soft to ride on the street but I will also use it for dirt any suggestions?
Thanks Kevin

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rims were about a grand from warp 9's website. They came with rotors, sprocket and everything needed to mount the wheels. You may want to call warp 9 and ask them to send you a spacer for the front wheel. I already had one from the rim that was already on the bike(not stock) I went with warp 9 because they have the most complete bolt on package. You could definatly spend more and get some excel's and different hubs and rotors ect. I am actually in the middle of installing them now(out of town) but they are mounted up without the brakes, chain ect and so far pretty painless. I'm sure I'm going to have to stiffen up the suspension but I'm going get it on the road first. There are plenty people on this forum who are way more knowledgable than me and are very helpfull. Hope this helps tho!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I run a 150 on my 08WR also with a 4.5 rim. I do have some chain rub but only at hard lean. Im running the Conti SM's also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts