SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my ride is a wr450 2013.
I took out the small silencer, but felt the bike very restricted, so I took out the oem baffle/silencer...

Made my own baffle (60mm diameter) and packed it around with ceramic wool...

Now, it is a little loud, sometimes, specially when late night driving in the neighborhood (otherwise it’s awesome), so I stretch my arm and silence it a bit when passing by houses at night... I thought of a exhaust valve, and was wondering if any one has done this before... here is the valve

This is to be activated remotely through a cable (just like a carb choke through wire)... I just don’t want to put a screw-in screw-out db killer...

Any thoughts???

Here is the ride...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is where I plan to install it. I already checked for clearance...

And this is how it could be activated...

·
Registered
96 Posts
After you get that valve in there you'll find that a little back pressure will take a little torque off the bottom , but add a little horsepower on top. Valve wide open will give a little more torque on the bottom , but lose a little power on top. You'll be able to tell by where it lifts the front wheel in the lower gears.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok... so welding the yamaha r6 exhaust valve, was imposible because it was some titsnium alloy... so I had to assemble the components in a stainless steel tube...

Then, cut tube as close to the silencer as possible so the valve is kind of tuvked in there...

I also tig soldered a bung so a O2 sensor for the wideband can be installed...

A little sanding, brushing and polishing....

This is the valve alignment

The cap on the back, which is stanless steel serves as the end cap...

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is neat. Any audio/video of it? Noticeable power delivery based off of the changes in back pressure, like mentioned above?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Torque increases at low revs, with butterfly closed.

When revs are high, its awesome to just have it open...

Overall, sound, high revs, exhaust temp... the bike likes it most when the valve is open... I mainly close it to not disturbe others.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is neat. Any audio/video of it? Noticeable power delivery based off of the changes in back pressure, like mentioned above?
I cant upload the video from iphone.... if you know how to upload, I’ll sent it to your email, then you upload...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts