SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have an 09 wr450. I was riding one day and it just wasnt running right. It would cut out at low rpms. I brought it to my girlfriendsnhouse a week later to have her uncle help me clean the carb. I just thought that one of the jets was clogged. So we took it out and the carb was spotless. I justvgot done putting it back together and it still won't start. It has compression. Like when I try to kick it, it won't turn over kind of. I have changed the oil and cleaned then air filter within the last week. It don't know what to do. Help? Someone told me it could be my top end. Some feedback would be awesome.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Check valve clearances... Tighter they get the harder to start

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update

So after fiddling around a little I turned the fuel to half way between on and off. And it started right up. So my uncle told me to check the fuel petcock to make sure nothing is clogged up there. I also just did the throttle screw mod. Oh my is that a difference. I'm excited to take it out. No time today cause. Its my birthday and the family has me tied up. Ill keep you Guys update

1 - 3 of 3 Posts