SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my bike running, (no thanks to my useless uncle). He stripped the float bowl so I will need to get a new one now. And I thought alright well he could do the air filter. Well he didn't let the air filter sit after he put the oil on it so when i went back to check it my catch can was full of oil, and also the tube from the air box and carb had oil in it. Will my bike survive or should I take it apart and clean the carb again.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
More info is needed your description is too vague. what do you mean stripped the float bowl? what kind of oil was used on the filter? Catch can oil has nothing to do with the filter.... however dripping oil in the air box from the filter can be from too much filter oil used or it sat for too long and the oil has started to drip off the filter.

what kind of a catch can setup do you have? when was it last drained?

but in any case sounds like your bike will be just fine just needs a competent mechanic and a little carb cleaner honestly. now the float issue may need more attention.

z

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are four allen head screws that hold the bowl to the carb. And one of them wont screw in. It just keeps turning. So I think he stripped the bowl itself. And the oil was amsoil filter oil. And I just took it for it spin and it ran fine. It was kind of running hot but I am in arizona. The bike has a stock catch on the air box. I never needed to clean it cause there was nothing ever in it. Its clear so I could tell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts