SuperMoto Junkie banner

Wr426 has no spark

10K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  sumosteve 
#1 ·
My wr426 was running completely fine then as I was riding along it cut out. Haven't been able to fire the engine on any of the 500+ times ive kicked it over. So I bought a new spark plug and tested it to only find there is no spark. It was running perfect then just stopped like it decided it did not want to run. I checked all the electrics earths and connections but still zero spark.
Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with my bike as I need the bloody thing going. Anything to try would be much appreciated thank you guys

#2 ·
Do you have the service manual? There is only a small handful of things that could cause no spark. The wr has a simple electric system. I would start with the coil and work your back till you find the issue.

#11 ·
Did you ever figure out what was going on? The same thing happened to me. I feel like I break this thing every week! I know this post is really old but let me know if you're still around. Thanks.
Turned out being the Stator. Replaced the magneto and Stator. Coils on it were fried also from memory it chucked a chunk of magnet from it.

It'd be worthwhile getting yourself a Stator puller and taking a look. Any Black or burns it needs replacing. It may work out cheaper to send it to a small coil rewind shop etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.