SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm looking at getting a wr400, but I had a couple questions about seat height. I sat on a drz (34-35inches?) and could have my feet pretty much flat on each side. I can also ride my friends honda 230's with no problem, but I think they have a similar 34/35 inch seat height.

I looked at the stats for the wr400 and they say 39inches at it's lowest setting. Am I going to have a problem? I'll be wearing boots, so that should give me a little height, but I can't imagine tippy toeing in boots being very easy. I know that with the motard set up it should drop to 35-36 inches is my crappy math skills prove me right, but I plan on keeping the stock dirt rims for a while until I muster up enough cash for some 17's.

One more thing. The current owner says that the forks/springs were redone for a 200lb rider, does that mean they are lower, or just softer or harder? (I'm about 160lbs)

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
heavy rider = stiffer springs not lowered.

I just spent 10 mins looking for a thread on seat height but couldnt find it...

In short seat height isnt a big deal at all unless you are below average height or will be sitting on the bike stopped more than you will actually ride it. The key is to be comfortable when your riding....

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I figured it didn't change the height, but I wasn't sure how stiff they are from the factory. I can always make/buy a new lower seat if I need to.

I bet you wouldn't recommend lowering links or moving the fork in the clamps as the center of balance and steering geometry becomes skewed?

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I dont have expirience with lowering links....

generally you wont have alot of room to slide the forks in the clamps to get any kind of drastic adjustment....I get less then 1/2 inch with my yz450....

I am considering cutting my subframe about maybe 3/4 of an inch @ the bottom mounting points. the guys who I have known, who cut them say they will never ride a bike with a stock suframe again. I dont think its a seat height issue it has something to do with bodyposition under braking or somehthing...

2c

1 - 4 of 4 Posts