SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2009 wr250x that I have decided to Turbo charge. I purchased the stage 2 kit from mpfab.com and I will be receiving it on the 28th. I plan to video and photo record the project from start to finish to include some dyno runs. I have seen a few videos out there but no build ones yet so i figured what the hell. It is winter in Wisconsin so project will go slow but i plan on having it done before spring rolls around. Stay tuned and shoot any questions yuo may have as it goes along. I will start with inventory pictures when the parts come in on the 28th.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
So I have a 2009 wr250x that I have decided to Turbo charge. I purchased the stage 2 kit from mpfab.com and I will be receiving it on the 28th. I plan to video and photo record the project from start to finish to include some dyno runs. I have seen a few videos out there but no build ones yet so i figured what the hell. It is winter in Wisconsin so project will go slow but i plan on having it done before spring rolls around. Stay tuned and shoot any questions yuo may have as it goes along. I will start with inventory pictures when the parts come in on the 28th.
i love birmingham ;-) !!

take your time on the pictures and videos, it's gonna be awesome :D :D :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wonder what the lag is like on a turbo that small

·
Premium Member
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here it is.

Just got done unpacking and checking it all over. The turbo charger will be adding a little weight to the bike so I am going to order a dry cell battery to make up for the possible weight gain. Looks like a lot of fun I should be starting later this week. -30 in Wisconsin today so i am gonna wait for this cold spell to go before i move it to my heated work location.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The work has started

After the time i spent working on the bike today I can honestly say I would not recommend a faint of heart person doing this kind of work. It doesn't help that every other line in the instructions states "catastrophic engine damage" haha. The order in which the instructions are written are a little mixed up. I spent like 30 minutes try to get that billet check valve in place by the intake only to find out 2 steps later that I need to remove that whole piece that was in my way in the first place. The most nerve racking part of the project is tapping for the oil feed. I could just see someone trying to do this at home with a power drill and jacking it up. Please take that piece to a machine shop and have them do it with the correct tools like a drill press. The R&D that went into this kit is pretty impressive. You are using a NOS fitting and a braided break line for oil feed to the turbo and it fits great. I can just see Mr. walker sitting at the parts store trying to find just the right line and fitting. The Map sensor is a GM part number I thought that was pretty neat as well. My kit came with a power commander 5 and the instructions were for the 3. But right as I was about to e-mail him with a question for wiring when I received and e-mail with the correct wiring instructions. I am about half way threw the install and hopefully will finish tomorrow. Keep posted and there are pics after this post. if you have questions let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
More info

Another thing i noticed as I tore the bike down was that the previous owner had done what is called a flapper mod so half of the stuff that the instructions talked about removing wasn't there. Take that in mind as you sift threw images. I also had to ban saw my frame slider on the turbo side so I now only have one frame slider so keep that in mind if you have frame sliders. Ordered a ballaistics battery and zeta hand guards with integrated turn signals today to get done while I had the bike in a warm place.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Juice box

I now have a two brothers juice box if anyone needs it. It no longer has a purpose with the power commander being installed.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts