SuperMoto Junkie banner

wr250x throttle/ fuel issue caused by clutch adjustment?? Riddle me this

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  alec674 
#1 ·
So I adjusted my clutch the other day. After adjusting it, I can no longer start in 1st gear( i know your not technically supposed to anyways but i had the ability to before, and now i can't). Also if i disengage the clutch while rolling over 10-12 mph, it has a higher idle until my wheel speed drops below 10-12 mph. The last ailment i seem to have cause my lil pony is when you go to blap the throttle hard in gear, it hesitates, like its flooded or about to stall out, but then it picks up and revs fine after the initial low throttle opening, but in neutral it revs fine. I have power commander 5, airbox door off, slip on yoshi, 13t 48t, k n filter, but i haven't done any of the ais removal or tps and the other free mods. Halp Please:bowdown:

#2 ·
Did you adjust your clutch too tight? There should be play in the lever. Stock lever of aftermarket? If aftermarket, which one?

#3 ·
No, stock one, i did cut it, but that should have no effect on the free play, bout a nickel or so at the perch, i tried adjusting back but no luck, my next thing is going to be to change the oil, almost that time, could that have any effect??

#4 ·
The oil could have an affect since it is a wet clutch.
Is the clutch safety switch wire still plugged in the perch? If so, unplug it and tuck it around the headlight.

#6 · (Edited)
High idle could be a slipping clutch. Or maybe you could look into adjusting your CO setting.
The hesitation sounds like you need to play around with your PC5 settings, but if you haven't messed with it recently, I'm currently at a loss...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.