SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your welcome! Just kidding, but seriously, we were down at SME on saturday having the guys measure our 250. Great folks down there. :thumbup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Mine are on order as we speak. I can't wait to get them as the supermoto track conversion will be complete once they are installed.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Quote:how did you guys raise the rear wheel without the swingarm spools to begin with? with a lift?

Its not like a sport bike with plastic to bust.

...put it (the flat frame) up on some bucket or something flat and try to
not scratch the bottom too badly (wood or rubber).

·
Registered
171 Posts
^ do you have superhuman strength? its 280lbs.
...not really, but I can hold my own.LOL

....Seriuosly though, get any one in the nearest couple of feet to help ya'.

my dad helps me out,
...the old man thinks the wr250x technology kicks ass (mouth dropped).
:thumbup::thumbup: (two thumbs-up)

·
Registered
114 Posts
i know its doable with two people. but if you are on your own does it come down to a bike lift? or a certain technique to get it up?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Your right about technique brotha'...

My dad just see's my drunk ass trying to balance it up sometimes and comes joggin' over to help before I dump it.

I love to sip a beer or two while I sit and let the oil drain and stuff like that.
:cheers:

Take care

·
Registered
32 Posts
^ do you have superhuman strength? its 280lbs.
seriously? It's not that difficult. Just put your right leg against the whole side of the bike, pull up on the frame wherever you can get a grip, and lever it onto the stand. It's easy. If you really are too weak to get the bike onto a standard stand, they sell lift stands like this one:

·
Registered
114 Posts
^ i'd like to know this too. i'd much rather a cage or race rails for this bike for maximum protection as an insurance policy.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does anyone make frame sliders for these bikes?

If you drop it, will the axle area front and rear be that susceptible to damage?
No, it doesn't need them its pretty much a dirt bike. When laid over all that hits is the bar end, front slider, rear slider, and the passenger peg.

·
Registered
295 Posts
From that picture up top it looks almost like the slider on the rear is the same length as the axle nut, is there a better pic you can take?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts