SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing some searching but could not find anything. Does anyone know if there is a replacement seat available for the WR250X? I got my bike the other week and love it! I've been riding all over the place but my a$$ is killing me! Am I the only one that has this problem? I haven't read much talk about the seat other than the height. If nobody makes a replacement seat yet, does anyone have any suggestions on seat modification?

·
Registered
239 Posts
The stock seat isn't bad - it's just narrow and hard like all the other dirt bike seats I've been on... :D

Seriously though, I'm not sure about replacements. As I don't ride mine long distances at all (just a commuter), I haven't really search around much.

·
Registered
130 Posts
you think that seat is bad try an Aprilia, its like sitting on a 2X4 :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sent Corbin a note awhile back but no response, I'll try to give them a call and see what they say. Since my daily commute is 60 miles one way of mostly freeway, it's not too safe to stand up while going 70-75mph. I do stand up when the traffic backs up and slows down in the HOV lane. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Since my daily commute is 60 miles one way of mostly freeway, it's not too safe to stand up while going 70-75mph.:D
WOW! 60 miles one way, you're a real trooper :clap: What kind of mileage are you getting running freeaway speeds all the time?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm getting about 65mpg doing mostly 70-75mph in 100+ degree heat, stock bike. It's like riding in a blow dryer in AZ.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Geez Yamaha should use that for an ad campaign! Aren't you supposed to say something bout "Yeah but it's a dry heat" LOL!

·
Registered
138 Posts
well man since you just got ur bike let yourself ajust to the seat and then think about getting a new seat when i first got mine wrx i felt like my a$$ was going to fall off after an hour but when i went to the dragon from atlanta(400 miles round trip in three days) i got used to it and now its all gooooood:thumbup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
well man since you just got ur bike let yourself ajust to the seat and then think about getting a new seat when i first got mine wrx i felt like my a$$ was going to fall off after an hour but when i went to the dragon from atlanta(400 miles round trip in three days) i got used to it and now its all gooooood:thumbup:
Very true. When I first got my wrx I would have to resituate all the time to keep my ass from going asleep. But after 9000 miles I don't even think of it anymore.:bike:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree with xCHRISx and gwarusee. When I 1st got it after an hour my ass would already aching but, while i rode around more I just got used to it, doesnt hurt at all anymore now :), and i even think its got slightly softer, dont know if i am just imagining it but ye.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bump from the dead.

I have a WR250X I'm too damn tall for. I want a taller seat. Stock seat is plenty comfortable. Any idea where I can get one that raises you up an inch or so?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm only 6'4". The issue is the distance between pegs and seat, it causes my legs and ankles to get all crunched up making the controls hard to do. Wheeling Supply is pricing a +2" seat for me and I hope to hear back from them.

KTM is definitely on the shopping list, just having problems finding what I want locally. I've never sat on a 690 but they seem short on paper. I like the fit on the 530 enduros, just not the price tag.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts