SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lovin the new wrx does any one have an ideas on keeping the plastics in top shape i wash the frequently but coming off a sport bike with paint the motocross plastic seems to scratch very easily ive tried that quick detailer stuff but dont really like it, ive heard car wax is a no no and will discolor the plastic any have any tips or tricks?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ask your dealership if they sell 'honda spray'. That's what they use on the showroom bikes where I am. I don't know exactly what it's called, but they should understand. That stuff works great.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Honda spray wax is awesome:thumbup:

I would try to cover the parts that bother you with clear 3m plastic from many places such as the place mine came from.
I put a clear 3m tank kit on my 08' GSXR 750.
It looks great,..........ya' cant even notice.
It goes on like window tint (wet, n' stick).....get out the bubbles.

There are two "kinds"
-the one w/ adhesive backing (wet and stick):D
-the one with no adhesive (still wet and stick):D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLWprn5jTXw

Hope I could help.

·
Registered
99 Posts
+1 for clear film protectors. In a heavy duty situation they really do protect what they cover, especially headlights...gives me an idea.

If you're mostly street riding, regular washes like said you do, and a good finish treatment (spray) will suffice. The Honda stuff is called Pro Honda "Spray Cleaner & Finish". Just looked at the can for ya. :thumbup:

Just keep 'er clean and don't wipe it off or clean it with a dry rag. Always use water or solvent solution to keep from scratching that pretty finish!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Post whore action, but a good appearance question-

Is there any way to remove boot marks from the rear fender?

After noticing, I have changed how I mount the bike with the usual high leg kick, then bend at the knee to clear the rear end. I'm just a little guy, but it does feels more comfortable to mount that way.

Anyway, if anyone has a trick I would love to know it! I thought about trying to just "rub it out" (LOL) but I don't want to swirl the whole rear fender in the process.

Cheers and Happy Rides to All!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts