SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What oil filter choices do we have at the moment?
-Factory and K&N,....I think:headscrat

Where so far have you guys found them?
How about oil too while were on this topic?

·
Registered
351 Posts
What oil filter choices do we have at the moment?
-Factory and K&N,....I think:headscrat

Where so far have you guys found them?
How about oil too while were on this topic?
Me and my buddy ordered some k&n's from A&A auto parts....we paid $20 for 4 of them as opposed to the 2 we got @ the stealership for $20. We get a discount through A&A though through my work. I also got my k&n air filter there for $31 bux!!!! For my first oil change I used straight up yamaha 4 stroke stuff.(what the owners manual calls for).......I will go synthetic or part synthetic after 1 or 2k miles. I havent really checked into other oil filters, I believe the k&n will do fine. Hope this helps.:thumbup:

·
Registered
303 Posts
hmm...

I am just wondering... I have 500+ km on my X now, and I want to do an oil change...

However, in the manual it stated "Do not use oils with a diesel specification of 'CD'....."... What does this mean?

Does it mean that as long as the oil has a "CD" stated there, I cannot use it?

Can I use this (pictured below... sorry for the lousy camera phone shot...:rolleyes:) right now? (I am still running in the X)

·
Registered
351 Posts
hmm...

I am just wondering... I have 500+ km on my X now, and I want to do an oil change...

However, in the manual it stated "Do not use oils with a diesel specification of 'CD'....."... What does this mean?

Does it mean that as long as the oil has a "CD" stated there, I cannot use it?
Can I use this (pictured below... sorry for the lousy camera phone shot...:rolleyes:) right now? (I am still running in the X)

I agree, if it says "CD" I wouldnt use it. I used basic yamalube 4 10-30.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Synthetic ok for wet clutch bikes?

I run synthetic in my dry clutch bike, but I've read a few times that synthetic is too slippery for a wet clutch bike. Is this true?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Synthetic ok for wet clutch bikes?

I run synthetic in my dry clutch bike, but I've read a few times that synthetic is too slippery for a wet clutch bike. Is this true?
Have not tried it on the WRX yet, but the RM I had didn't like it, the CR, CRF, YZ and YZF did.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The dealer threw in an OEM Yamaha filter w/ 3 quarts of Honda GN4 oil 10-40.
I bought it new $6,340 OTD yesterday.
The insurance upped my existing $799 full coverage on the 08' GSXR 750 another
$18 bucks (1yr full cov.)to add this wr250x......WOW !!!:Funny: Allstate is decent w/ bikes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The shop i work at carrys HiFlo oil filters in stock so thats what i used at my 600 mile change on my wr250x. i used Golden spectro 10w40 oil, in my opinion most of the oils are the same if there not synthetic. i have 2300 miles on my bike and the oil in the window still looks new as it did the day i put it in. I'll probably wait till the 4000 mile mark for the next oil change.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Oil filter and Oring for wr250x (5d3-13440-00) is the same one used in the wrf/yzf if any one is looking for one or wants to go with a ss one if the wrx's isnt in production yet.

·
Registered
187 Posts
k&n 141 oil filter and were are you located if at sea level and around 90 degrees in summer and about 70 degrees in winter than 20w 50.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The shop i work at carrys HiFlo oil filters in stock so thats what i used at my 600 mile change on my wr250x. i used Golden spectro 10w40 oil, in my opinion most of the oils are the same if there not synthetic.[/B] i have 2300 miles on my bike and the oil in the window still looks new as it did the day i put it in. I'll probably wait till the 4000 mile mark for the next oil change.
huge difference when it comes to oil dude.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
huge difference when it comes to oil dude.

i disagree... oil is oil is oil... 10w40 is pretty close across the board.. 10w50 etc.

dino to synth is different like he said, but that's a given.

the filter is the important part.

·
Registered
187 Posts
you ever worked with a professional race car team... tell them oil is oil, then tell me what they say. p.s. im not trying to be an ass but there is a difference but not so much in 10w 40 and 10w 50 but when it comes to elavation and temperature, the right oil will make just that much more power plus longer run time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
people who say oil is just oil and who needs frequent changes make the best customers!haha that goes for anything that holds oil .I run royal purple in my lawnmower why would I treat my bike different esp since oil changes on a bike are generally cheap due to small capicity

1 - 20 of 41 Posts