SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have mine being Fed Ex'd tomorrow. Will let you know how it works as soon as it is installed! They told me they had 3 in stock and 2 were accounted for. So i had to have it! I'm excited. :D:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
How much?

Where did you get it and how much? Can't find it on Leo Vince usa web site and I'm a little rusty on my italian...lol. Thanks!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did you get it and how much? Can't find it on Leo Vince usa web site and I'm a little rusty on my italian...lol. Thanks!
I live near their wherehouse. And keep in touch with them. To be honest. I don't know the price. I get a deal cuz I work at a yamaha shop(employee purchase program), but I just told them to send it out. Worry about which credit card to put it on when it gets at the shop tomorrow! :) haha. jk ofcourse. But not really. There site deff. isn't updated enough.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are you going over there for their shin-dig this Saturday?

I saw on their site they're having a dyno contest / bar-b-que. I was thinking of checking it out but it's a two hour drive for me. Thanks for the info. Let me know your impressions of the pipe. The sound bite they have on the Euro site sounds great. Have you heard it? Thanks for your response...

Flyinfish

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't hear it but I'm gonna hunt for it. If U can, post a link so if I don't find it I can hear it. :) thanks. And yeah. Cody from Leo Vince wants me to come up for that event but I work all the time!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the Leo Vince Pipe today. Will be installed within 2 hours. Came with 4 end caps, a spark arrestor. Carbon Fiber heat shield and hanger, has some sort of 02 sensor plug looking thing. We'll know soon how it works. PICS soon to come as well. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I spoke to cody(from LeoVince) on the phone last week, and he stated that there is no need for a power commander to get this modification done.

I would love to hear the sound clip too.
Please dont do the a youtube video in your garage!
My stock pipe even sounds mean when I pull into my garage.:lol:
Make a couple for us....please
It really means a lot to us that are stuck between Leo, FMF, Delta....:thumbup:

FMF had only one comment on power that made me think,
....If LeoVince doesnt need a powercommander, because it resembles the stock exhaust characteristics,
it might mean there wont be that big of a power difference.........just sound:headscrat

Anything beats sounding like a John Deer when you pull up to an intersection.:hmmm:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I spoke to cody(from LeoVince) on the phone last week, and he stated that there is no need for a power commander to get this modification done.

I would love to hear the sound clip too.
Please dont do the a youtube video in your garage!
My stock pipe even sounds mean when I pull into my garage.:lol:
Make a couple for us....please
It really means a lot to us that are stuck between Leo, FMF, Delta....:thumbup:

FMF had only one comment on power that made me think,
....If LeoVince doesnt need a powercommander, because it resembles the stock exhaust characteristics,
it might mean there wont be that big of a power difference.........just sound:headscrat

Anything beats sounding like a John Deer when you pull up to an intersection.:hmmm:
Yeah, I'm super stoked about it. My opinion is that I probably gain 2 hp somewhere but it's probably more sound. But....It sounds awesome and pulls so nice. The sound makes the bike so much more enjoyable to ride because for some reason being in 1 gear to high doesn't affect the bike like it did before when your in cruise mode. And the sound going through 6 gears is just awesome. It installed nice. Without the butterfly valve I'de say that from 0-3 mph it lost torque and from everywhere else it gained some small(realistic) amount of hp. I have to get under the bike and uninstall the cables after work.

Overall, I'm excited about riding tonight and think I will enjoy it. I bought it more for the brand name. I didn't wanna be the guy that bought the first FMF pipe I found. I wanted a more exotic pipe.

I'm gonna call Cody now! cheers

·
Registered
171 Posts
DRC kit those lights now!!!

LOL...

If your not crashing, Your not riding!....................."if you crashed your probably NOT RIDING"....

Thanks....looking forward to those vids BUSTER.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DRC kit those lights now!!!

LOL...

If your not crashing, Your not riding!....................."if you crashed your probably NOT RIDING"....

Thanks....looking forward to those vids BUSTER.
Thanks BRO! I will have to get those Boat anchors of the back of my bike. I call them my wings because they flap when I ride. :) And videos will be soon! within the week.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sound clip ala Leo Vince

Here's the link to their Euro web site which has the pipe listed and a sound bite too. I think I'm going to get mine this weekend!

http://www.sitogroup.com/servlet/pa...ce_menu_dx=115&codprd=10424&prgtmp=&sessione=

http://www.sitogroup.com/pls/pazsito/pk$ges_upload.download?nome_file=F30731/AR-3688.mp3

http://www.sitogroup.com/pls/pazsito/pk$ges_upload.download?nome_file=F11204/GP-3688.pdf

Talked to Grahm at headquarters in Norcal today. He said that they have them in stock but haven't updated their web site yet. Happy trails.:thumbup:

·
Registered
303 Posts
hmm... actually the leo vince looks pretty nice on the X....

I love that exhaust cover they provide... carbon fibre isn't it?

Is it straightthrough?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just figured the weight savings over stock

The weight savings acording to Leo Vince is 1.245 kg or 2.745 lbs. If you consider getting rid of the now obsolete exup stuff you'll probably round it to about 3lbs.

Graham at Leo Vince Richmond brought up a good point that this weight is lost in an important spot for handling purposes as you want to keep your weight low and forward and the can is high and back.

Well I think I talked myself into it. Anyone else considering this pipe? Let me know maybe we could set up a group buy like I seen done on other forums.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's the link to their Euro web site which has the pipe listed and a sound bite too. I think I'm going to get mine this weekend!

http://www.sitogroup.com/servlet/pa...ce_menu_dx=115&codprd=10424&prgtmp=&sessione=

http://www.sitogroup.com/pls/pazsito/pk$ges_upload.download?nome_file=F30731/AR-3688.mp3

http://www.sitogroup.com/pls/pazsito/pk$ges_upload.download?nome_file=F11204/GP-3688.pdf

Talked to Grahm at headquarters in Norcal today. He said that they have them in stock but haven't updated their web site yet. Happy trails.:thumbup:

That sounds nothing like my bike...My bike makes way better sound then that clip. The only thing I hear is a dyno machine in that clip. But thanks for the link. I absolutely love the pipe!!!!! Rode it for about 60 miles after work today and IT WAS SOOOOOoooo Much better.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmm... actually the leo vince looks pretty nice on the X....

I love that exhaust cover they provide... carbon fibre isn't it?

Is it straightthrough?
Thanks Bro....I like the look too! I wouldn't mind the end cap being carbon fiber too!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just curious about what you mean here?

for some reason being in 1 gear to high doesn't affect the bike like it did before when your in cruise mode.!
Are you referring to the sound only or performance? I ask because I'm not satisfied with the dead spot in the throttle at about 1/8 turn. I'm curious if the pipe helped, hurt, or had no affect on this. When your hard on and off you don't really notice it, but when your cruising or doing circles at the dmv getting ready for your test it caused a herky jerky problem that I haven't experienced on other bikes. I guess I'll just stick to W.O.T. lol! Thanks for the info.

I might be at the barbeque this saturday...if so I'll be in my 300zx (burgandy). I suppose you'll have your bike there since you live close. I'm still breaking in and don't want to do 2+ hours at 70mph yet...so I'll be driving the cage.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are you referring to the sound only or performance? I ask because I'm not satisfied with the dead spot in the throttle at about 1/8 turn. I'm curious if the pipe helped, hurt, or had no affect on this. When your hard on and off you don't really notice it, but when your cruising or doing circles at the dmv getting ready for your test it caused a herky jerky problem that I haven't experienced on other bikes. I guess I'll just stick to W.O.T. lol! Thanks for the info.

I might be at the barbeque this saturday...if so I'll be in my 300zx (burgandy). I suppose you'll have your bike there since you live close. I'm still breaking in and don't want to do 2+ hours at 70mph yet...so I'll be driving the cage.
I think it will cure the snappy problem at that speed range. It made it feel smoother in that area to me. It even seems to have less F.I. lash from zero throttle to on like it did have.

And what I was refering to is with the stock pipe there was no way I could be in 6th gear and lug it under 60 and feel right. I can't explain what I didn't like about that but It sounded bad so I would have to drop it down to 4th were I was then racing it. Now with the pipe I have actually cruised in 6th at 40mph. I know many people will say that there's no reason to ever do that on this bike but I really love the way the bike rides now. I'll break it down:

"Ridability" IN TOWN - INCREASED drastically.

Being able to hear the motor on FREEWAY and cruise at a higher speed - INCREASED

H.P. - Settle and small increase

Weight - Small decrease/Nothing drastic to the touch. Numbers show a couple pounds.

LOOK - GREAT LOOK

OVERALL - Leo Vince gave me 4 inserts to create a different sound and performance for my needs or want!!!! A +++++ from LEO VINCE!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts