SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if you put a fmf powercore slip on on the bike does the x-up valve stay on. Does the fmf slip on come ready to mount the valve in since it is on the factory slip on.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just put the FMF Q4 on mine (went with the Q as many said the Powercore was too loud for street use), and I love the difference so far. I have not done any of the other mods, so other than the exhaust slip on the bike is stock. As far as performance goes, the bike feels much better to me. When cold there is a little bit of hesitation like the bike is a little lean, but after a couple of minutes of warm up it rips and has no flat spots at all!

Based on what I've experienced so far, I don't think I'm going to worry about the programmer just yet. Maybe down the road, but for now I'm just going to get some miles on her... :bike:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am running the Yoshimura with a K&N filter and the airbox flapper removed. I have not had a single pop and the bike has great response. Eventually I will do the power commander but I dont think its really needed, however, I wont remove my airbox lid until the PCIII is in. I have not dyno'd it yet to check the mixture but it cant be too far off. I am basically at sea level here in new jersey. I have quite a bit of experience with bikes, i've been in the business for 17 years have a red level honda tech certification and a five star yamaha tech certification.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am running the Yoshimura with a K&N filter and the airbox flapper removed. I have not had a single pop and the bike has great response. Eventually I will do the power commander but I dont think its really needed, however, I wont remove my airbox lid until the PCIII is in. I have not dyno'd it yet to check the mixture but it cant be too far off. I am basically at sea level here in new jersey. I have quite a bit of experience with bikes, i've been in the business for 17 years have a red level honda tech certification and a five star yamaha tech certification.
If you don't mind me asking, how's the sound and power with the Yoshimura + Flapper removed? I'm trying to decide about going that route or getting the FMF Q4. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Powercore

I have the powercore and its the shit...... love it.... FMF makes an awsome product... run it on everything i own... sounds awsome:thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts