SuperMoto Junkie banner

381 - 400 of 433 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
if your wondering about reliabitlity of wr250x

just putting this out there my 08 Wr250x is turning 26000 miles in a couple days. yes that is 3 0's and it still runs and pulls strong

·
Registered
202 Posts
just putting this out there my 08 Wr250x is turning 26000 miles in a couple days. yes that is 3 0's and it still runs and pulls strong

wow you might have the highest mileage out of anyone on here but reliability wise and maintenance you cant beat the little WR, im only at 4500 miles nothing but smooth sailing :D

love my wrx

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
wow you might have the highest mileage out of anyone on here but reliability wise and maintenance you cant beat the little WR, im only at 4500 miles nothing but smooth sailing :D

love my wrx
Kevin just raced his drz400sm with 52k miles without doing a rebuild, no disrespect to the wr, but I think it can be beat!

·
Registered
202 Posts
yeah with typical maintenance and oil changes filters chain brakes valves etc. but 26k for a valve check woops the drz's ass. no hard feelins, and the drz's been around a lot longer so yeah your going to have higher mileage dizzers around.

·
Registered
107 Posts
ya its got a lot of miles but you would never kno looking at it or driving it. It is mint. I think around 30,000 im going to freshen her up just for peace of mind

·
Registered
72 Posts
Rowdy, Great Thread so far

But, I just picked up a very well taken care of '08 WRX. I'm a newer sm rider, came from a mx background. But I just thought I'd add my $.02 on this bike. I'm 5'7" 150lbs, and fit wrx with ease. I'm able to get more than half of each foot on the ground while seated. The weight is very manageable, easy to throw around in the corners. Stock tires are pretty sticky allowing to lean it over all the way without slippage. The suspension is smooth w/ almost no vibrations at all.

I'm already looking for a larger gas tank. Probably will just stick w/ the factory tank but would be nice to not have to fill up so often. But still gets around 65-70mpg for me. The seat is comfortable but when I rode for a couple of hours straight my ass was getting a little on the sore side. Other than that I think this bike is a very great starter bike. I'd say for sure that it is more for the smaller riders though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
helpful thread rowdy!! ;)

Another difference between the two
WR250X=Premium Gas ONLY
DRZ400SM=regular Gasoline

so save you a bit of coin...but stock to stock, the WRX seems to be getting 40-45mpg while the DRZ i got the same...modded the DRZ slipped down to 30-35mpg
im just about to get my first bike :bannana: and i wonder which of them would be better for:

long rides?
highway?
gas mileage(mpg)?
reliability?
maintenance?
the stock hp on WRX and DRZ???
and which one as my first bike?!?!?!?

ok ok ok i just dont know which one i really want and need but im kinda leaning towards the WRX because of its smoothness, fuel injection, its newer etc. BUT the DRZ also has its own goods... its bulletproof, more powerful, you can find any mod for it etc. BUT the biggest problem in here is that a used DRZ with 4000miles costs 3900euros(5650us$) (without any mods) and a new WRX costs about 5800euros(8400us$) so the 250cc costs about 2750$ more than the 400cc but i know that the DRZ will need some mods to be fun...so decide dude...do you think is it really worth it to buy the WRX for 2000$ more as a first bike??? thanks dude!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
HEY-OH!

Or theyre really gonna stick it to us 250 owners and come out with a 280lb 450 version like they should've to begin with. Resale will plummit
Wishful thinking. The 2012 models have been announced, there isn't a 450X. Sadly, biggest dual sport is only a 250 too, the 250R.

I was interested in buying a used 250X, but I'm not so sure it's a smart move any more. Aftermarket parts will slowly die off too; nobody is going to continue making products for a discontinued bike.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
the 2012 models were announced last wed at 12. i knew there wasnt a 450x when i posted that. i meant in years to come.

parts for the x will still be everywhere. just like any old car or anything else that has a strong aftermarket following.. you can still buy brand new parts for 80's model quads. all the 250r's and 500's, banshees..... besides, what all parts do you think you will need that you wouldnt be able to find? other than the wheels and front brake, all the engine parts, body, and frame components along with everything electrical from a WRR will bolt directly on.. any of the other parts, like wheels, master cylinders, suspension, bars, brakes..... can be purchased from anybody, for/from any bike and fit.

there will be no problem finding parts for the next decade, at least

·
Registered
679 Posts
the 2012 models were announced last wed at 12. i knew there wasnt a 450x when i posted that. i meant in years to come.

parts for the x will still be everywhere. just like any old car or anything else that has a strong aftermarket following.. you can still buy brand new parts for 80's model quads. all the 250r's and 500's, banshees..... besides, what all parts do you think you will need that you wouldnt be able to find? other than the wheels and front brake, all the engine parts, body, and frame components along with everything electrical from a WRR will bolt directly on.. any of the other parts, like wheels, master cylinders, suspension, bars, brakes..... can be purchased from anybody, for/from any bike and fit.

there will be no problem finding parts for the next decade, at least
There isn't a strong 250x following, that's the problem. Suzuki won this battle.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Suzuki did win. But I believe its just beccause its been around longer, and back then with the economy and all, people had more spending money. Now its about even. I've seen suk take a year off production of a model, just to come out with an unchanged bike. All I've heard is rumors that the x is discontinued and not just taking a year off to clear inventory. But, even if this is true, they're not gonna bust out the little red flashy light and make all of us forget its existance like the matrix. There's a strong (enough, if I have to specify) following that enough parts will be available for long enough, that I wouldn't be scared to buy a used one. Maybe in 20 years you might have trouble, but let's face it, we'll all have new motards by then

381 - 400 of 433 Posts