SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much quieter is it to have the spark arrester cut vs. removing it entirely? I rode without it this morning. It was little over my threshold. I don't feel like cutting it and finding out that it's still too much for my taste. Does anyone have a good comparison to relate to? Or anyone with after market exhaust willing to part with a spark arrester? :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I made this (same as cutting the sa) but put the stock one back in after 100 or so miles. It's just too loud for my tastes, and made it sound even more like a lawn mower.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I tried this and hated it. Not only did it sound horrible and was way too loud, but it ran worse than stock. Honestly the FMF Q4 has been the best investment I've made so far on the bike. It woke the motor up instantly, and sounds fantastic! If you have the means, just get a slip on and put the stock stuff in a box somewhere... :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no new exhaust yet

I'm not sure if I want to replace the stock exhaust just yet.
I'm considering cutting just the screen part of the SA off, leave the rest in place. I don't feel like having to clean the SA. I'm hoping cutting the mesh part may just do the trick, anyone tried this yet?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I took the mesh out of mine a while back.

Did not notice any power difference. Maybe my butt dyno isn't sensitive enough.

The tone might have become a little mellower/lower, but the overall sound level didn't change.

I'm skeered to cut the bowl thing off.....Don't want it any louder.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a suggestion to try, may or may not help. Put a lock washer between the end cap and can. I did this on my sons ttr , it opened it up a little and gave it some bark. It is not loud however,just a little more than stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts