SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just recently bought this bike, the OG owner threw a FMF Powercore 4 slip on exhaust, and an after market air filter (can't tell what brand). From what research I've done, I'm assuming that the bogging that I experience when I open it up is due to these after market parts creating a lean fuel/air ratio. It will also occasionally stall when I pull the clutch at high rpms... back fires some.
Seems like bikes were much simpler the last time I was messing around with them. It's been a few years. If any one has any suggestions or fixes for this, I'd really appreciate any advice I can get.
I've ordered the power commander III, I also plan on opening up the air box. I live in new Orleans LA, at or below sea level =p. If anyone has a map that will work for this set up, pls hit me up. Email is [email protected]
Thanks

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
if its not too late cancel that order and get the PV5. dont let them tell you it wont work because it will. the pv5 came out in 09 so they dont have them listed for 08 models, but if the bike didnt change, it will fit.

i suggest the autotune feature as well. will have it spot on in no time

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if its not too late cancel that order and get the PV5. dont let them tell you it wont work because it will. the pv5 came out in 09 so they dont have them listed for 08 models, but if the bike didnt change, it will fit.

i suggest the autotune feature as well. will have it spot on in no time
Power commander III will b here tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Erm der! Rev limiter. Thought something was wrong with the bike. Got the pcIII installed. Noticed all the maps given have negative numbers on the top end of the curve. So anyway, I took off the swing arm to the air box door for a temporary fix. I'll pull the whole system out on Monday. I have a map on it that seems smoother, don't think it's right on (seems like its just a little rich)but... Gonna need to take another hitch off shore b4 I dump more money into a dyno tune. $350.00 /wrists
Till then I guess I'll keep busy learning to stop dropping gears on &@$%#es, and get used to the fact that it is, after all, just a 250. Over all I am happy with the bike, been wanting to get back into it for years, and this is a very forgiving bike to do it with.
Need to get into some led turn signals next, really can't stand the bobble head stock blinkers on there now.
Always down for suggestions.
Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts