SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2012 wr250r and am new to riding on the street. I would like to put super moto tires on my R and was wondering if it was as simple as buying new wheels and tires or is there anything more I have to do to the bike.. thanks guys and sorry if I posted this in the wrong area...

·
Registered
976 Posts
If you want th bike to be street legal, you'll need head, tail, and brake light, blinkers, mirror and horn, brake light switches.
A bigger front brake is almost a must for thestreet as the small dirt rotor heats up too much. Maybe a shorty sumo fender for the look.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the 250r is street legal off the showroom, the only mechanical differences between it and the X are the wheels/tires and the front brake. Other than that is just cosmetic with the black frame/forks. I just looked at the pics on the Yamaha site and it looks like the only difference in the front brakes is the rotor size and an OEM adapter.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the 250r is street legal off the showroom, the only mechanical differences between it and the X are the wheels/tires and the front brake. Other than that is just cosmetic with the black frame/forks. I just looked at the pics on the Yamaha site and it looks like the only difference in the front brakes is the rotor size and an OEM adapter.
The guy I bought mine from said about the same things you listed.... R to X with black plastics.

·
Registered
601 Posts
If you want th bike to be street legal, you'll need head, tail, and brake light, blinkers, mirror and horn, brake light switches.
A bigger front brake is almost a must for thestreet as the small dirt rotor heats up too much. Maybe a shorty sumo fender for the look.
the "f" is the normal WR like the WR450

1 - 6 of 6 Posts