SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm currently taking my license but i want to start thinking on my SM! I have a 2002 wr250f with akrapovic exhaust, and my question is, should i make my supermoto in it or should i sell it and buy a more recent bike to convert?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Keep that one, do the yzf cam timing and cut the grey wire and it'll run just like the yz. I made my 2001 wr a supermoto and loved it. Much better and faster than the modern wrx250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Also I put the yz tank and seat on it. But they are super reliable fun setups. Warp 9 rear rim laced to stock hub, that's a Ktm 990 superduke front end

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Oh boy, how I love spending other peoples money. :D Do post up a build thread so I can chime in. I realize it may take awhile due to having to get a second job. :rofl:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next month i should have some parts to put in my toy eheheh

Enviado do meu A0001 através de Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
OMG your bike is beautifull! Just amazing, congrats!

I'm going to keep mine now, you motivated me to do it! Now lets work and spend money
Thanks for the compliment, it really was a great bike. And clocked it over 100 so plenty fast on the street. The engine was blown up when I bought it just for the plate. I had it completely rebuilt back to 100% stock. Only change was cutting the grey wire and the yzf cam timing (I think you advance the exhaust cam 1 degree?) it was dead nuts reliable and super fun. I should've kept the stock front end as the Ktm was just overkill. But FYI the rear rim is just a warp 9 hoop and spike kit. To lace it to the stock hub I had to drill out the holes very slightly. Super easy you'll see what I mean I did it by hand with a cordless in 5 minutes. Ask me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliment, it really was a great bike. And clocked it over 100 so plenty fast on the street. The engine was blown up when I bought it just for the plate. I had it completely rebuilt back to 100% stock. Only change was cutting the grey wire and the yzf cam timing (I think you advance the exhaust cam 1 degree?) it was dead nuts reliable and super fun. I should've kept the stock front end as the Ktm was just overkill. But FYI the rear rim is just a warp 9 hoop and spike kit. To lace it to the stock hub I had to drill out the holes very slightly. Super easy you'll see what I mean I did it by hand with a cordless in 5 minutes. Ask me if you have any questions.

Thank you a lot for your input! I'm now trying to get a used pair of excel rims só that i can lace them to the stock hub

·
Registered
44 Posts
Awesome, I forgot what I paid but I think just the warp 9 hoops were pretty reasonable. I'd also keep your wr overflow battle. On the street it's so nice to have

·
Registered
44 Posts
What is that? :headscrat never heard of it
The warp 9 hoops? They are just the outer rim portion of the wheels. If you meant the bottle I'm talking the bottle bolted behind the left rear number plate. The yz just drains the boiled over coolant on the ground. The we had a tank that will collect it that can then be sucked back in once the engine cools. It's invaluable since we don't have fans I found at long lights it would boil over into it and as soon as it turned green it would be pulled right back in

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The warp 9 hoops? They are just the outer rim portion of the wheels. If you meant the bottle I'm talking the bottle bolted behind the left rear number plate. The yz just drains the boiled over coolant on the ground. The we had a tank that will collect it that can then be sucked back in once the engine cools. It's invaluable since we don't have fans I found at long lights it would boil over into it and as soon as it turned green it would be pulled right back in

It was about the bottle! Thank you for the explanation

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice base to start, keep that exhaust as you want to be quite on the street and that muffler you have flows good and is big so it'll keep the decimals down. Nothing like being that loud annoying bike through the neighborhood

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice base to start, keep that exhaust as you want to be quite on the street and that muffler you have flows good and is big so it'll keep the decimals down. Nothing like being that loud annoying bike through the neighborhood

Those morning 7AM startups to wake them up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So everyone, after 3 long years I was finally able to start the project, here's how it stands.
Currently I'm waiting on a new tube for the front talon hub since this one does not fit 100% and I need to find a way to stop the chain from rubbing on my tyre. Other than that it will be mainly aesthetics (headlight, plastics, graphics, etc.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts