SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have an 05 WR 450. I want to change my exhaust... All i can find for it are FMF, Pro Circuit, and DRD systems... i know that all parts are interchangeable between an 03-04 YZ 450. I was just wondering if i would lose performance, because of the different tuning... YZ's have taller cams... thanks!:thumbup:

·
Registered
856 Posts
The WR exhaust is really choked up. Any exhaust even a stock YZ exhaust is going to be a big improvement. It will also be much louder.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx dude, i already have an aftermarket exhaust, its some crap titanium one, gutted, completely straight through, but i want something nicer lookin/with performance gain, thats why i want to know if a yz exhaust will give lesss performance than a specified wr exhaust!:thumbup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thx dude, i already have an aftermarket exhaust, its some crap titanium one, gutted, completely straight through, but i want something nicer lookin/with performance gain, thats why i want to know if a yz exhaust will give lesss performance than a specified wr exhaust!:thumbup:

I dropped a Leo Vince X3 yz450 open race can on my bike and it made a day night difference. Its amazing how the mid to top end came even more alive!

I can tell you now, its not 96dblegal. But it keeps me safe in traffic. :thumbup:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dropped a Leo Vince X3 yz450 open race can on my bike and it made a day night difference. Its amazing how the mid to top end came even more alive!

I can tell you now, its not 96dblegal. But it keeps me safe in traffic. :thumbup:
Hey, cheers dude... I got a spare can with my bike... its off an 04 yz 450, but it bolts right on, big pig of a thing, has a 3'' spout on it and its seriously noisy... sets off car alarms in the right circumstances! it's gutted empty. Made the bike revv much quicker too, really added mid / top end!.. Makes the throttle responce sick, before there was a slight pause when you rip it open in low revvs... It even scared me cause i wasn't expecting the burst!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
A new or good shape YZ exhaust will be a little louder than a stock WR exhaust but not obnoxious. Even look for a used stock YZ exhaust. As long as its packed it will work fine. Dont use the pipe that came with your bike to judge other MX pipes by. To me is sounds like you should get rid of that thing
I use a GYTR YZ450 exhaust on my WR.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I've tried a few different pipes on each of my bikes. My hands down favorite is DrD full system. I can say its the best because there are so many different ones out there. I'd bet that you can't go wrong with Leo Vince, DrD, FMF, etc. etc. There definately will be some that can do alittle better and some that change the power band to better suit your riding style. I'd just find a good reputable brand and pull the trigger on a system. FYI the Jardine Ti system will make blood drip from your ears. It is so f*cking loud. I'm getting old and I don't dig loud pipes.:headshake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts