SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. If i dont run a battery, do i need to float the ground on the WR stator to install into my YZ? What needs to be done to make the bike run?? Need to know asap and have searched.

·
Registered
448 Posts
yes.

you'll need to float the ground.... whether or not you run a batter depends on whether or not you use a regulator rectifier that converts the system to DC....

the little cheap $20 regulators only regulate the voltage on the A/C side to 12v... roughly.

the 4 wire regulators convert the A/C pulse to D/C so you can charge a battery etc.

I'll look around for the float the ground instructions. They were VERY SIMPLE to do.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey. justr to let you guys know, shes done!! i didnt have to mod the stator, just did the pink wire mod, and used a moose reg. i did put in a radio shack rec for my horn, cooling fan, and LED tail. Works great, lights are bright, bike runs great, starts easier than before, and it didnt take much to do the wiring. Longest thing was the flywheel, that thing wouldnt come off! than once she came off it mushroomed the end of the threads a lil so i had to spend time rethreading it. but it was worth it!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts