SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of getting my 03 WR450F street tard and had some questions about the plastics. I know you can put a YZ rear fender on the WR, but is there any difference in the radiator shroud plastics on the WR and YZ. I know the tanks as slightly different, Will the YZ shrouds go on the WR tank? And will a YZ tank go on a WR? I kind of like the look of the smaller YZ tank.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dont think they would fit. But i would check the yamaha website for parts and diagrams that will probably give you your answer.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I am in the process of getting my 03 WR450F street tard and had some questions about the plastics. I know you can put a YZ rear fender on the WR, but is there any difference in the radiator shroud plastics on the WR and YZ. I know the tanks as slightly different, Will the YZ shrouds go on the WR tank? And will a YZ tank go on a WR? I kind of like the look of the smaller YZ tank.
A YZ tank will fit a WR but I needed to go with a YZ seat and shrouds on my 01 WR. It should be about the same for the 03s and up

·
Registered
544 Posts
yep...yz tank and shrouds go together, wr tank and shrouds go together...no swapping unless you do them both. I believe the seat is fine on 03+ but don't quote me on that one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just did that mode on my '03 WR450F. I bought a YZF tank that fits perfectly. The shrouds must be also from a YZF. The WRF shrouds won't fit the YZF tank.

You also have to buy a YZF seat because the WRF seat it shorter and it will not fit on the YZF tank.

Kind of expensive mod but i love the final look and slimmer feeling!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Yeah, I wanna see pics! I've got an '04 and wouldn't mind doing something along those lines!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the info i will be doing the swap on mine. missed out on a yz tank on ebay last night. already have all the plastics though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well here you can see the YZF tank. The thing is that i haven't completed the bike yet because i am waiting for carbon fiber shrouds to arrive. I believe in a couple of days it will be ready and i will post complete pics. (and yes i have changed the blue fenders with black ones!):bike:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
The only plastics that are WR are the side panels, correct? I can't wait to see the bike as I'm thinking about blacking mine out this winter or doing a Hurricane replica.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The only plastics that are WR are the side panels, correct? I can't wait to see the bike as I'm thinking about blacking mine out this winter or doing a Hurricane replica.

Even the side panels are from YZF!
I had the same dilema between all black/Hurricane replica...but i went with black option. Hope it will look good!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Still waiting on those pictures!

·
Banned
2,844 Posts
wr and yz plastics are all interchangable

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone know anything about the 06s. The WR has steel frame while the YZ has the aluminum. Will the 05 plastic fit the 06 WR? I think the frames are the same for 05 YZ, WR, and 06 WR.

·
Registered
885 Posts
05 YZF plastics will fit the 06 WR. But you will need the tank and seat for sure when switching between a yzf and a wrf setup. The shrouds for 05yzf to 06 wr are interchangeable.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well here you can see the YZF tank. The thing is that i haven't completed the bike yet because i am waiting for carbon fiber shrouds to arrive. I believe in a couple of days it will be ready and i will post complete pics. (and yes i have changed the blue fenders with black ones!):bike:
the tank on the pic is wich one (year and model)? Where do you get your CF shrouds?

i'm planning on putting some other tank, seat and shrouds on my wr400.

Any pics yet? thx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts