SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I have problems with finding such topic here so I'm starting a new one.

I have a 2004 Yamaha WR 450, just bought a 2005 complete engine (for sale) and a CDI with it. The CDI i need because mine went bye bye. The question is, will it fit? Only one symbol on OEM part number is different and one symbol on the CDI itself is different but they look identical!

I'm worried of getting the new CDI burned so maybe there is someone who checked if they fit? It's like 6 months my bike is in pieces and now there is a light in the tunnel...

I saw Crash279 post about WR 450 - differences in years and there was a change with CDI mapping from 2006...

Help please!!

Cheers from Poland!

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Hi guys!

I have problems with finding such topic here so I'm starting a new one.

I have a 2004 Yamaha WR 450, just bought a 2005 complete engine (for sale) and a CDI with it. The CDI i need because mine went bye bye. The question is, will it fit? Only one symbol on OEM part number is different and one symbol on the CDI itself is different but they look identical!

I'm worried of getting the new CDI burned so maybe there is someone who checked if they fit? It's like 6 months my bike is in pieces and now there is a light in the tunnel...

I saw Crash279 post about WR 450 - differences in years and there was a change with CDI mapping from 2006...

Help please!!

Cheers from Poland!
It'll fit!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK it doesn't work so well...

It starts very poorly and after it's fired up the rpms are very high, when I turn off the choke it starts to backfire like crazy and dies... Cleaned the carburator but it's still there...

The question is. Does the Stator cover makes any difference? I swapped stator with whole cover. Does the cover makes any difference?? Maybe there is some kind of crankshaft sensor?? Any suggestions guys?

Thx!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts